Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

My Device: Pearl 8100

Re: Fixing the Bluetooth Peripheral Device driver issue on Windows Vista

I have tried this fix on Windows 7.  As soon as I click to install the RIM driver I get an error message that this may not be compatible with my hardware and that my computer may become unstable or stop working all together... any ideas?

My Device: Bold 9700

Hi everyone, thanks a lot to pmdci, his/her method works perfect, I've a Bold 9700 and Windows 7 professional and now everything is fine.

Thanks again!!!

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

THANKS!!

I did this fix (the steps werent EXACTLY the same with Win 7 but I muddled thru) and my 9630 Tour is now working as intended!

Dan in Vancouver.:smileyvery-happy:

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: Fixing the Bluetooth Peripheral Device driver issue on Windows 7 starter

I tried the steps given and when i get the the part or step no 7and 8 bout selecting the rim driver its not there how do i get it? BB Storm 9530

Thanks Adrian

My Device: bold9700

I cannot connect my phone with my notebook running win 7 pro through bluetooth. It seems the reqd. driver is not installed in my notebook. Neither I can connect with other phones through bluetooth

My Device: Pearl 8100

hey P.

thanks a milion. it was very very very helpful tip. i have been stuchk with the issue since a yr. it has helped. thank u.

net

My Device: 9800 T

Re: Need Bluetooth Peripheral Device driver to connect to 8120

[ Edited ]

I may not have got the direct fix for my problem here but this discussion served as a good reference. This is where I've got my bluetooth peripheral device driver for vista:  http://www.driversdownloadhub.com/bluetooth-peripheral-device-drivers.htm

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

thanks a lot, that's work on my windows 7 32 bit too :smileyhappy:

Contributor
My Device: 9000 Bold

The solution for  Vista as described by pmdci also works for Windows 7 64-bit.

Once again, RIM stuns the sensibilities on how difficult it is to get their DM software to work on a computer.  I cannot imagine how difficult if not impossible it would be to get RIM DM software to work if I were not so technically inclined.  I feel sorry for the average non-technical person.

I had to follow pmdci's instructions to get DM 6.0.0.43 to work.  I had the best of all possible situations for DM.  A disaster caused the need to wipe my laptop clean and install Windows 7 from the DVD. 

This is as clean as it gets.  No pollution.  No hack.  No crack.  No hook.  No crook.  No c**p.  Just a clean install of Windows 7 fully patched with all Windows updates both recommended and optional.  Download DM 6 from the RIM web site so you know you have latest and greatest.

Then install DM 6.  You guessed it.  Even under the best possible conditions RIM can't install DM 6 without the need for several hours of internet searching to find an answer about why the BB was not properly installed as a Bluetooth device.

It simply stuns the sensibilities how horrible RIM is with their software.

Thank you pmdci!

My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for this. Worked on my Dell Studio 1555 (Windows 7 - 64-bit).