Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
PorscheMan
My Device: Not Specified

Need Bluetooth Peripheral Device driver to connect to 8120

This problem is well documented.

I am running Vista SP1 on a DELL XPS 1330

Trying to establish a bluetooth connection to my 8120 to synch via bluetooth.

DELL asks for Bluetooth Peripheral Device driver.

I need this driver for the bluetooth connection to the phone.

I had no problem with a bluetooth connection to my previous phone - Nokia e62.

We need a RIM LInk to a proper Bluetooth Peripheral Device driver.

Dale.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Need Bluetooth Peripheral Device driver to connect to 8120

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

You need to use the windows native drivers.

Here are to articles to resolve your problem:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04132&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

http://banagale.com/setting-up-bluetooth-sync-in-windows-xp-using-blackberry-desktop-manager-on-a-de...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/bluetooth-connection/28166-how-use-native-bluetooth-drivers-most-blu...

If you need more information, please ask!I

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star.

Just check the post that had your answer!

Thanks 

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-15-2008 09:23 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Developer
pmdci
My Device: Bold 9000

Fixing the Bluetooth Peripheral Device driver issue on Windows Vista

Actually this is how I fixed this issue (thanks to Ghostie3599).

PREAMBLE: Bear in mind this is a Research In Motion issue, and not a Microsoft issue. The Blackberry software should have the appropriate .INF files that allow Windows to install the correct device drivers for all detected Bluetooth Peripherals.

1. Go to the Control Panel and choose the Device Manager applet
  2. You should see two items called Bluetooth Peripheral Device being listed with an yellow icon, meaning that they can't be"used" due to missing drivers.
  3. Right click the first Bluetooth Peripheral Device and choose Update Driver Software...
  4. When asked how do you want to search for the driver software, select the second option Browse My Computer for driver software
  5. When asked for what kind of hardware this is, select the option Ports (COM & LPT) and click Next
  6. At the Update Driver Software Dialog, click on the bottom option that is preceeded by a green arrow Let me pick from a list of device drivers from my computer
  7. In the next dialog, make sure the option Show compatible hardware is NOT SELECTED
  8. From the list of Manufacturers at the left,select RIM Virtual Serial Ports
  9. The list of Models at the right will drill down to RIM Virtual Serial Port.Select this model and click Next.
  10. You should get a confirmation that the driver was successfuly installed.

In my case, following these steps gave Windows vista the hint that the other Bluetooth Peripheral Device would work with the same driver. So after doing these steps for the first Bluetooth Peripheral Device, I got both devices working OK. However, if you still have the second Bluetooth Peripheral Device being listed with the yellow icon (i.e.: missing drivers), try repeating these steps to see if it works. If it doesn't, then the Bluetooth Peripheral Device might be something else (i.e.: not a virtual COM port).

Hope this helps!

Regards,

P.

Please use plain text.
mm1
Visitor
mm1

Re: Fixing the Bluetooth Peripheral Device driver issue on Windows Vista

I know this tread is an old tread but I just got my Bold 4 weeks ago and the exact problem has been haunting me and regardless of which forum I visited, I still cannot find a solution to get my Bold synchronize with Desktop Manager.

I use Lenovo T61 under Vista Business and my Desktop Manager is Version 4.7.0.37.

I tried what pmdci described and although the driver is installed, synchronizing still does not work.

Any help here will be much apprecaited.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sfeder

Thanks for posting this. 

This also applies to 9630 Tour and Vista.  I had exactly the same issue.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PorscheMan

OK, so here I am getting responses to my original posting by email.

I have taken the suggested solution and I still get stopped. The laptop attempts to connect to the 8120, it does, then the laptop wants drivers (even though I have added them as suggested) and it cannot find them, I don't have them, RIM doesn't supply them, Microsoft doesn't have them. This is total horse s&%$t. Another big company that can't quite understand that 97% of the world uses a Microsoft product and they are not interested in developing an easy to use solution to a very basic problem.

Maybe this is why millions go to the iPhone or a Windows mobile product to find something that will actually do what they buy it for...

"Frustrated" in Ottawa.

Please use plain text.
richz
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

This indeed helped as I am syncing via Bluetooth again. Thank You for posting this information.

Please use plain text.
hereiam

I had the same problem and weeks after searching online I found this which fixed my bluetooth:

http://www.computers.nepalesemap.com/index.php?topic=3.0

Please use plain text.
bert313
My Device: Curve 8330

Greeting all,

l have a Blackberry Curve 8330 and was having the most difficult time getting the bluetooth features to work on my Dell Studio with a 64bit Windows Vista operating system.

This solution has worked for me exactly the way it is mentioned.

Very satisfied.....

Thanks

Please use plain text.
mcseixas
My Device: Curve 8520

I have a Dell Studio with Windows Vista and this solution (right click on yellow Bluetooth icons...) worked perfectly for me thank you very much.

Please use plain text.