Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
nlevinson
My Device: Torch 9800

Need to move calendar entries from default device calendar on 8220

Hi - I am having problems getting my outlook calendar to sync with my pearl 8220 and I have figured out why but can't fix it.  It is because I now have multiple calendars associated with multiple emails.  Also I disassociated from an old account which put most of my device calendar entries into the "default device" calendar and these are not syncing to outlook.  I found the solution document KB19240 and solution 1 looks like it would work for me but it says to type "MOVE" while in the calendar options and this doesn't do anything (how can one type when there is nowhere to type??).  Am I misunderstanding the instructions??  Does it not work for a Pearl because of the typing method?  How do I move the default device calendar items to my default calendar in the blackberry so that they will sync to outlook?  Thanks in advance for help!

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Need to move calendar entries from default device calendar on 8220

nlevinson wrote:

Hi - I am having problems getting my outlook calendar to sync with my pearl 8220 and I have figured out why but can't fix it.  It is because I now have multiple calendars associated with multiple emails.  Also I disassociated from an old account which put most of my device calendar entries into the "default device" calendar and these are not syncing to outlook.  I found the solution document KB19240 and solution 1 looks like it would work for me but it says to type "MOVE" while in the calendar options and this doesn't do anything (how can one type when there is nowhere to type??).  Am I misunderstanding the instructions??  Does it not work for a Pearl because of the typing method?  How do I move the default device calendar items to my default calendar in the blackberry so that they will sync to outlook?  Thanks in advance for help!

Hi and welcome to the forums!

There isn't an input field or option listed. Once you get to options, and the top of the screen says "calendar options"

and general options, just type the word move. You will get a message asking for a confirmation.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

brettco
My Device: 8110

How do I do this on an 8110? It doesn't let me type move?

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

brettco wrote:

How do I do this on an 8110? It doesn't let me type move?

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Did you type the word and press enter?

Again there is not a data field for this, you just type the word, enter and the device will show the command response.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You shouldn't need to press enter.

Just on the calendar options page you type m-o-v-e.  On a SureType device you will need to double tap it so actually you will press the following buttons:

M-OP-CV-CV-ER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
brettco
My Device: 8110

John - perfect response and instantly fixed - thank you!!! Needed to remember suretype...