Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Contributor
Captfbgnet
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: sprint
Accepted Solution

Network speed seems slow

Have Pearl 8130 (ver 4.5) for a month now and with no additional downloading(d/l) of files, ringers, etc. from original configuration. The first couple of weeks, signal and Internet requests were strong and fairly quick. Now from the same location(s) the signal is still strong, but the Internet homepage 'requesting speeds' seemed to have slowed down tremendously. 1XEV still shows on display screen. Sometimes, I "re-request" the request  and this seems to help some. Is this slow down normal for the Sprint 3G network? Coverage maps show "good" for me. Any help or information appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Captfbgnet
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: sprint

Re: Network speed seems slow

Edit above message:

After talking to Sprint tech support, they stated to remove the battery for one minute, replace it and see what happens. After doing so, all works well now and my free memory rose by 8mb. Apparently, from time to time,it is a good idea to do this, especially if things seem s-l-o-w and nothing else on the phone has changed.

Hope this helps others.

Please use plain text.