Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
calabrla
My Device: Not Specified

No in-call audio. Help!

When I make/receive a call, I cannot hear anything nor can anyone on the other line. I tried to see if my bluetooth would work, but that doesn't get any audio either. The only time I get in-call audio is when I plug in the ear piece. I have no idea why it changed, but I tried every which way possible to fix it and I can't figure it out. It won't let me switch into speaker phone either. I can still play music out of the speakers as well as the headset, so it's not a problem with the speakers at all. Please help!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: No in-call audio. Help!

This is a harware issue. If you can claim warranty then do it to have a new phone instead of present one. Alternatively you can ask for your carrier's help get your device repaire by RIM.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

The earpiece speaker has been known to go out on the Pearls.  However, it's strange that the person on the other end of the line can't hear you either.  That suggests a problem with the microphone and the speaker and kind of unlikely, though not impossible.  Have you tried a simple battery pull?  Have you tried wiping and reloading the OS to the device?  Your carrier's support folks are going to ask you to do this anyway, so it's worth a try.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
calabrla

Yeah I tried pulling the battery many times with no luck. I also updated the OS but that didn't work. Right now I'm downgrading the OS back to Verizon's latest OS, instead of the more recent release that I found in one of the forums. If it still doesn't work, I'm just going to have to take it to the store. Thanks for your help.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JBinCO

I have a similar issue.  lately after an extended period of inactivity I lose audio on my phone I can still listen to audio files, just no audio on phone calls.  I turn the BB off and remove the battery it fixs the problem, but the problem comes back a day or two later.  I can always fix it (its happened several time now). But what is the cause Urgh!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
calabrla

I have no idea what the cause is. I read in other forums that this was becoming a common issue with Pearls. I tried wiping it and updating the OS a couple of times, but nothing worked. I just gave up and got a new one.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JBinCO

I found the cause! (I think, time will tell).  Reading some other threads I found this issue may be caused by receiving mms messages with audio. I did receive  an mms with audio and it seems that this is when the issue started.  I have deleted the mms and did the battery pull and everything seems fine now. 3 days now with no problems will see if this was the issue.
Please use plain text.