Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Contributor
sitompulimers
My Device: Pearl 9105 OS v6.0.0.3169
Accepted Solution

Not connected to BlackBerry Server

[ Edited ]

Everytime I'm doing hard reset, turn of my device or restart after uninstall an application is not registered on the network. It push me to running diagnostic frequently or register HRT and need to wait BlackBerry Registration message within delay 1-15minutes. I'm sure have no connection issue within my new carrier. Another issue are receive weird messages from my self PIN and can invite my self PINImage below has been edited, my PIN is at profile page.

PIN1.jpg

PIN2.jpg

PIN3.jpg

PIN4.jpg

PIN5.jpg

PIN6.jpg

PIN7.jpg

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Not connected to BlackBerry Server

Hello,

sitompulimers wrote:

Everytime I'm doing hard reset, turn of my device or restart after uninstall an application is not registered on the network. It push me to running diagnostic frequently or register HRT and need to wait BlackBerry Registration message within delay 1-15minutes. I'm sure have no connection issue within my new carrier.

Actually, you most definitely do have a connection issue with your carrier. The behavior you describe is definitely not normal, and indicates some sort of problem between your device and your carriers network. But, only they can look at their network to perhaps determine what the issue is.

Plus, you say "new carrier"...can you expand on that please? There may be some information about that which is impacting what is going on for you now..

sitompulimers wrote:

Another issue are receive weird messages from my self PIN and can invite my self PINImage below has been edited, my PIN is at profile page.

This part I do not understand at all...can you perhaps expand on that as well, so that we can understand what is going on?

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sitompulimers

[ Edited ]

Hi sdgradne, thanks for look into. Almost 2 years I'm using carrier A within my device. On June 24 I move to carrier B, because I'm not satisfied anymore within carrier A service. Around last 4 months I received those messages but I'm ignore it and deleted. Though it was just BlackBerry server confirmation after running mobile network diagnostic. Recently I reload my OS and found many issues, so I'm starting to save those messages. Please come to read my first thread  -> link. Last image PIN7.jpg received at carrier B after running diagnostic test and registering device from HRT. In case I'm not registering my device from HRT after reboot/ turn off/ restart my device, then I will no't connected to blackberry.net server at all. The other messages is came when I'm using carrier A.

Try to invite your self PIN using BBM and approve it. If you can add as contact then it's BBM v.8.5.0.18 issue. Just go to recent updates to see the your last invited contact. Those weird messages is received with details came from my PIN. I said my PIN is at my profile page because I'm hiding my personal information for privacy, maybe only mod in this forum can see it.

I will contact my carrier later, it's GMT +8 in here.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Since you have switched carriers, be sure to ask them very detailed if you truly are receiving BIS service from them. When you change carriers, your BIS service is supposed to automatically shift from the prior carrier. But, that does not always work correctly. If, for example, Carrier A has not released your BB PIN from their BIS system, then Carrier B cannot deliver BIS service to you...such is not possible, one BB PIN can exist in only one carrier BIS system anywhere in the world at any given moment. And, if the automatic change to Carrier B did not happen, then you could be still receiving BIS service from Carrier A, even though you are running on Carrier B's network...some carriers block other carriers BIS traffic on their network, other carriers allow it. Usually, after some time, the original carrier figures out that they are delivering services that they aren't being paid for, and shut it down...I've heard of some long times, 3 months or so, where this can happen. But, there's no way for anyone but the carriers to look into this possibility for you.

I suggest you resolve the BIS service issues first and ensure that you are receiving full BIS service from Carrier B. Hopefully, their network is able to deliver BIS to your specific BB model number...no carriers support all BB model numbers for automatic HRT and Service Book delivery, each supports only a subset, and if your specific BB model number is not automatically supported by Carrier Bs network, then they won't be able to deliver you BIS service anyway. And once Carrier A shuts you down (assuming this theory is correct, of course), then you'll have no BIS service at all.

So, I suggest you talk to Carrier B (and perhaps even Carrier A) to be sure that your services are all fully shifted over to Carrier B, and that Carrier B fully supports your specific model BB for automatic HRT and Service Book delivery. Once that is resolved/ensured, then it would make sense to try and diagnose other things. But, first things first.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sitompulimers

Have not problem within 5 days, until yesterday I'm hardly to connect to blackberry server after uninstalling BlackBerry World, running diagnostic, register HRT and receive those message again. If my device already connected to blackberry.net server I have no problem at all. So in this issue I can turn off my device at all. Even already registered to the blackberry server when running diagnostic test, my primary email is not connected to the server but still able to receive email (have no idea with this).

Was still have around 2 weeks BIS data plan for exipired on network A and had unregister my BIS data plan on carrier A to make sure my PIN is released. Move to carrier B to make sure everything is ok, but it's the same issue.

Thanks for your suggestion. Already received BIS full service data plan and I'm sure with this because I can access BlackBerry World, BBM, BlackBerry Protect, etc. Have no problem with my device if already registered on blackberry.net server. My question is, why this 2 carrier is have the same issue on my device? Before moved to carrier B I've have visited the carrier A office, sent some mail to customer service without reply, had contact customer service, called by IT network. Their answer was: we sure have no problem with our network, maybe it's BlackBerry server fault/ your device fault. That's why I came to this forum. I'll contact carrier B and update this issue.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I cannot answer for your carrier(s). Indeed, I cannot answer for BB...for this site is not formal BB support, but just other users who happen to volunteer time to help out. I cannot know if what your carrier(s) told you is accurate or not. I cannot know if you are indeed receiving your BIS from Carrier B rather than Carrier A. I cannot know if your account is properly configured at your carrier.

All I can do is take the information you share and give you things to try to resolve it...but, if that all fails, then you must talk to your carrier(s) to get it resolved and/or escalated formally to BB. Consider please -- you pay your carrier for your services, and that makes them 100% responsible for your service-related formal support. Right now, they appear to be delivering neither service nor support to you...and you should rightly be upset for giving them money for no proper service nor support. But, here in this forum, there is nothing anyone can do to "fix" that situation...it is up to you to deal with your carrier, escalating as required, to get them to "fix" it.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sitompulimers

Have no idea, after accepted your solution. I'm not able to register to the network again.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

With that additional information, I have nothing more to provide you...I remain with the recommendation that you persist with your carrier(s) to resolve this, via the means already discussed above.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sitompulimers

Ok now I'm able to connected to the server after sending an email to my carrier. I don't know which side is playing right now
Please use plain text.