Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
nicas828
My Device: Not Specified

Nothing but problems and lagging with 4.5

So I recently upgraded my Blackberry 8100 Pearl, and it has got to be the biggest mistake I have made with my phone.

Since then, the hourglass will just come out of nowhere for about a minute and interrupt whatever it is I'm doing... annoying.  A few icons look blurry, google mobile, gmail, facebook, etc.  I figured maybe if I remove and re-add the programs, maybe that will change.  TOTALLY WRONG.  Also, I had a theme selected that now doesn't allow screen to be displayed properly.  I had to remove it and use the boring icon theme, and ON TOP OF THAT, there are NEW icons that I don't even want there (and I know I can easily hide them) but this is ridiculous.  Also, all of my icons have been re-arranged. But what I mean when I say the screen isn't displayed properly is that, the top part of it is showing up in the middle, it gets cut off at the bottom and seems to continue at the top.  I had to remove my preferred theme.  

Somebody please please please tell me how to go back to the old OS.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
drogers

Re: Nothing but problems and lagging with 4.5

are you talking about 177/127?
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

drogers wrote:
are you talking about 177/127?

No, they are speaking of the 8100 model. Totally different.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
JSanders

First thing, let's deal with one thing at a time. With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

Does that get you any better screen?

For the hourglass... First thing? Check the File Free at Options > Status, what is the number at File Free?

Read this: http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/116396-managing-your-bb-memory-lost-ca...

And this: http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/112029-losing-call-logs-sms-emails-opt...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nicas828

I've actually done that twice today (removing the battery from the phone while it was on) and the screen still looks the same, and remember, its only a few icons that look blurry, not the whole screen. 

I have about 23mb of file free space.  I had an issue before where my texts and call logs were disappearing out of nowhere and did as that thread you posted indicated but it still was happening.  I installed this program called SofReset BEFORE the OS upgrade and I would run it about once or twice a week and it seemed to work fine; I didn't lose any more messages or call logs.  Now with the OS upgrade, I don't know.  I just did it today.

I just want my old OS back and my old theme back and I can't seem to find it on my provider's website.  (AT&T)

Please use plain text.
JSanders

You new icons (since you didn't say what they are) are very likely the ones that ATT pushes to all the devices, like the Media Net icons, yellowpages, etc. Do as you said, just hide them.

I am not sure what old version you had, but ATT does have several old OS releases on their site:

https://www.blackberry.com/SoftwareDownload/index.jsp?client=Rc4cZBaBN

And instructions to downgrade:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_downgrade_the_OS_on_my_BlackBerry%3F

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
drogers

i know what they are talking about. i was asking which os release they were using.
Please use plain text.