Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

OS 4.5.0.127 Media Player Causing reset when automatically switching songs.

[ Edited ]

Ok bit a background here.   I received my 8130 after trading my luddite mother for my "normal" cell phone.  We are both pretty happy with the trade.  It is still under warranty, so not terribly bad.  I preformed an update on the phone, and installed a SanDisk 4G micro SDHC card.  The card BTW was new and installed after the update to the 4.5.0.127 (that is apparently the most current my provider Alltel allows)   I didn't check the version installed before I updated, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been updated since we first received the phone 7 months ago.   I updated using the blackberry desktop software. 

So far, the phone works great, except for the default blackberry media player.   Effectively it will ONLY play one song at a time. Period.  I'll explain:  When I drop an entire album of MP3 files on the media card, select the album in the player, and select a song: it will play.   The track I select will play, and then it stops.  It does not select the next song in the album automatically.  If I click next, the next song plays ok, but its always one at a time.   If I select menu>play with an album highlighted, it will play the first song and the phone will reset when trying to switch tracks   If I select shuffle, it will play a random song, and then reset when trying to switch the next one.  

I've tried reformatting the card in the phone.  Nothing.  I've tried about 10 albums of mp3 one at a time.  In the music folder, out of the music folder, in subfolders, just dumped in the music folder and the problem persists.  It doesn't seem to matter what file or files I use.   

However a few small (~1K) mp3 sound clips I loaded onto the device memory play one after another with no issue.  

Mass Storage mode works fine with the card in the phone.  

Called my carrier's support and they think my memory card is fine, and refused any kind of warranty replacement.   He pretty much told me it was “software issue,” and to go away. 

Please help me, what do I do?   Do I replace my SC card?  Do I reinstall the backberry software?   Do I call them back stating I have proof my hardware is bad?   Please help me as the folks at crackberry.com didn’t offer more than reformatting the card. 

Also if I need to reinstall the blackberry OS, how do I do that, and how do I do it without messing up the connection to my carrier?  

Message Edited by malibu35072 on 03-21-2009 11:52 AM
My Device: Not Specified

Re: OS 4.5.0.127 Media Player Causing reset when automatically switching songs.

My co-worker and I had the exact same problem.  The only way to fix it is to downgrade to 4.5.0.89.  I'm not sure about everything else, but Media Player works now.  I keep waiting for Blackberry to fix this problem, but I don't see anything out there.
Highlighted
My Device: curve 8330
My Carrier: Telus

Re: OS 4.5.0.127 Media Player Causing reset when automatically switching songs.

I have the same issue with my wife 8330 curve... I told her she should get an iphone instead!