Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

waterloorotty
My Device: Not Specified

Odd Trackball behavior

I have a pearl running the latest code from Rogers. When i highlight any icons and press the trackball it takes me directly to the phone application.  It does not matter what icon I highlight.  It always takes me to the phone application.  If I highlight the icon and press the enter key it takes me to correct location.

I have tried to re-install the OS and also replaced the trackball.

Any suggestions??? 

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Odd Trackball behavior

It seems this is caused due to an hardware malfunction. These issues can't be solved by easily. Moreover, you've tried all the possible cure. Contact you nearest RIM authorized service center for the issue.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor
DJFrost777
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Odd Trackball behavior

Hello,

I had trackball problems too. Among many other bugs that the blackberries have.

But this was an easy fix. I ordered the replacment trackball from an e bay company that charged me less than five bucks for the part. Including shipping. I then used you tube for video directions on taking my blackberry apart. I had to do it this way because I have had so many problems and T mobile and RIM have been worthless for making good on their products. However, this was very easy and ery cheap. You can also send it off to third party companies to have the track ball replaced. But it is usually in the 50-75 dollar range to have done. Talk about a scam within a scam!

Good Luck!