Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Outlook Sync Error 0x80040FB3

Sync fails and I get a nifty error message - using Vista, Desktop Manager 4.3 ... solution suggested to me was: find an offending entry in outlook (by perusing the sync logs) and delete it ... or delete the entire sync history folder - turn to the East - click my heels together twice and try again ... I am thinking I need to face West - throw my Pearl in the Pacific and get a PDA that can sync - this is ridiculous !!!

p.s. excerpt of article related to my problem ... KB14818

Problem

During a wired synchronization of the BlackBerry smartphone Address Book, the following error message is received:

Error Encountered 0x80040FB3, Check Documentation

Cause

One or more contacts in the Address Book is missing information or has invalid characters in the First, Last or Company Name fields.

Resolution

Complete the following steps in the required order. When the issue has been resolved, do not perform any subsequent resolution steps.

1. Locate the Address Book contacts that contain incorrect information or are missing information.
  2. Correct the information or remove the contact.
  3. If you cannot locate the incorrect contact, turn on advanced synchronization logging ... see KB01451

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Outlook Sync Error 0x80040FB3

Hi and welcome to the forums!

While you have listed the KB article, you don't mention if you have tried any of the steps in the Article,

or are you looking for a different resource?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Yes, I have tried the steps, but I don't think it is a productive use of my time. I have too many outlook contact entries to check them individually, so I look at the logs, find a "suspect" entry and try again ... these entries are not new, i.e. they were synced in the past.

I think the sync utility should be robust enough to fix leading blanks, or call out errors and suggest a fix, not roll over and die ... 

Don't mean to be difficult, but I do not believe in spending time "maintaining" my productivity tools - kind of defeats the purpose ...

Thanks for your reply

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Use desktop manager version 4.5/4.6. You can download the new version from here.

The following steps will help you to configure synchronization -

1. Connect your device using Desktop Manager and click on Synchronization
  2. From the menu on the left click Synchronization under Configuration
  3. Again click Synchronization button on the right which will give you option to Select Device Application that you want to synchronize
  4. Put the check mark and you'll get a prompt to Select Desktop Application
  5. Highlight the application name and click next button
  6. Under Synchronization Option you get Direction of Synchronization
  7. Check the radio button with Two way sync 
Note: above mentioned steps are explained as per Desltop Manager 4.5

Example: Synchronize addressbook -

Connect you HH with your desktop Manager in your PC. If you device is set to wireless sync then you need to turn off wireless synchronization. To do so go to Address Book -> click Menu -> Options -> Wireless Synchronization: No -> click Menu and Save the changes.

Click on the Synchronize button on Desktop Manager -> Click on Configuration Tab then click on Configure Synchronization -> Click on Choose under Address Book (on the right side of the pop up window) -> Click on you organizer apps (like, MS outlook, Lotus notes etc) -> Select desired apps -> select Synchronization radio button and click OK twice go back to Synchronize tab ->click on Synchronize Now.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit