Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
ajrm
My Device: Not Specified

Overexposed camera after 4.5 update

I updated my 8100 Pearl to 4.5 software and the camera started to overexpose everything. I cant take any photos outside in daylight, i just get an almost white screen with green cast to what is there. It seems the camera cant auto expose anymore. Even at superfine and largest file size, any bright objects, ( my car on the drive in the sun) look blocky and overexposed, with a strong green tinge, indoors everything is dark with a blue tinge. WB setting make no difference either

Thinking the phone was faulty, I had it exchanged by the supplier, this phone is the same, it is also running the same software ( 4.5)

It cant be two phones faulty, what in the update caused the camera fault and how can I fix it.

My wife also has the same phone, I updated her software too but havent had a chance to check the camera yet. i will later this evening ( UK time) 

Allan 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ajrm

Re: Overexposed camera after 4.5 update

Forgot to say, Version 4.5.0.52 and platform is 2.7.0.66

Allan 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sferrari
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: movistar venezuela

Hello,

Maybe somehow the configuration of the camera got messed up. Open the camera and use the menu button to open options and go in and set white balance to auto and color effect to normal and see if that helps.

sferrari

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ajrm

I tried that, no effect. I think this is software related. My old phone ( which worked fine before, ) did this when I upgraded to 4.5. My replacement has 4.5 software already installed and the camera is overexposing everything. My wifes 8100 had a perfect camera ( well as much as they can be) but since upgrading the software to 4.5, hers is now overexposing the same.

Any advice or help from Blackberry? 3 phones upgraded to 4.5 and now all 3 with faulty cameras?

Allan 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
andregarciabb

Yes it is true, I have the same problem! Still no solution for this?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ajrm

No solution, but the tech support experts at Orange suggested I downgrade to 4.2, which isnt a fix at all really! Looks like there is a later version of 4.5, but I dont have access to it with Orange.

Allan 

Please use plain text.