Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

P.B.R. meaning it Powers on, goes to Black screen, then Red light flashes....?

ill tell you word for word what happen and see if you could help me out. i was listening to music one night with my phone on the charger, and fell asleep. when i woke up in the morning the hour glass would rotate, the screen would go black and a red light will flash. it would repeatedly do this. how do i fix this? or is there any fixing?
Solutions: 6,094
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: P.B.R. meaning it Powers on, goes to Black screen, then Red light flashes....?

First off: With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Re: P.B.R. meaning it Powers on, goes to Black screen, then Red light flashes....?

nothing happened. i put the battery in, the hour glass rotates three times then goes to a black screen and flashes a red light for 3 seconds and 6 seconds later it repeats all over again. the "device" doesnt fully power on when it goes black. should i just send it off to get repaired?
Solutions: 6,094
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Your battery is dead.

Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the USB cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage).

If it doesn't boot--try using a wall outlet charger if you are not. If you are connected via USB to the PC, make certain that you have Desktop Manager (or the USB device drivers) installed, which you can download below.

Here are some good charging tips, please read and you'll see that many of them will apply to you.
http://www.blackberrynews.com/2008/05/20/battery-use-tips-for-your-maximum-battery-life/

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

this almost same exact thing happened to me too only now my screen is completely black and that dumb red light does that same blinking pattern. i took out the battery, i charged it, i did all that stuff and it's not working. i took it to the sprint store where i bought it a few months ago and they said that the board is dead without even looking at the phone and that i'd have to pay for a replacement that they'd have to send away for. this sucks.