Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
fifishah
My Device: Not Specified

Pear 8120 Automatic reboots Problem

My blackberry pearl 8120 automatically reboots and it is v4.5.0.69 (plateform 2.7.0.72) ........it reboots sometimes for 5 second and come back to the same screen or sometimes it reboots completely showing the glass busy icon and come to the main screen of blackberry window.

I have already tried the option of "wipe handheld" 3 times but the issue is same......I also tried to format and remove the the micro SD card to check but no change....

Other then reboots problem, this handset is working fast and there are no other issues.

This reboots issue is very annoying, so kindly help me solve this issue.

Thanks.

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Pear 8120 Automatic reboots Problem

Hi fifishah,

To resolve the rebooting issue with your BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8120 smartphone, please try to back up your data and perform a clean reload of your BlackBerry® Device Software. For further instructions, please see the following KB articles.

For Windows®: "How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" http://bbry.lv/GI9beY
For Mac: "Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" http://bbry.lv/J0UN1U

Please test to make sure the issue has been resolved before restoring any data from your backup file.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
fifishah

Dear FS:

I tried to the clean reload through BlackBerry Device Software for Windows, using the ver.7 but still no use..... the mobile initially worked fine for 10 minutes but once the frequency of incoming & outgoing sms & calls increased suddenly the RED light turned ON and the mobile restarted automatically and till now it has restarted 3 times after I did the fresh installation nearly 20 minutes before........

Blackberry technical team, really need to find out solution to this problem as I have seen several people complaining about the same issue on so many forums for different blackberry handset models not only Pearl 8120...........

So I hope you can give me a better solution on your next reply, because I have already searched everywhere & it seems till now nobody in the World has found out a solution to this kind of blackberry handset problem.

Still disappointed............!!!

fifishah

Retired
FrankieS

Hi fifishah,

Did you restore your backup file after the software reload, before this started happening again?

Thanks.

-FS

New Contributor
fifishah

Dear FS:

actually during the process of Installation of blackberry OS, I did not backup anything from ur old files or applications.........but after this software reload this problem is still as it is..........I am sure U can find some solution to this problem........

Thanks.

Retired
FrankieS

Hi fifishah,

Since a software reload did not resolve this, then it could be hardware related. I would suggest contacting your wireless provider for other options.

Thanks.

-FS