Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100, Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Pearl 3G on T-Mobile USA

Dear RIM

I am a die hard fan of the Pearl 8100 and sure type. Ive been using this phone since the day after it came out and now its time for an upgrade. Ive been a loyal customer for the longest time and wish to continue with that, however is there anyway of persuading T-Mobile to take the Pearl 3G??

If this does NOT happen, not only aim leaving T-Mobile for AT&T or Verizon, I think I might get the Droid or another Android phone. Please, help me keep my BlackBerry. 

You guys did an awesome job with the phone, it looks good and operates great, getting my hands on it would be nice, thanks in advance.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Pearl 3G on T-Mobile USA

From what I've heard, TMobile US is not taking the Pearl 3G.  Sorry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You know that "RIM" isn't reading this, right?

This is a user to user, community support forum. And, from what I've heard, Tmobile isn't taking on the Pearl3G, I don't know why. I think they should, also.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

New BB 9100 Pearl 3G's, unlocked and unbranded, are now selling widely in the US, including from Amazon. These are manufactured by BB and seem to be being imported from outside the US, such as those made in Europe for other markets, like Europe, Canada or India. T-Mobile tells me they will work with T-Mobile SIM cards but will they get all the T-Mobile features, in particular T-Mobile 3G? I understand there are different 3G standards globally.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 9100
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Not sure why T-Mobile would decide not to carry the 9100 especially since the previous models were so popular??!!!

I have contacted T-mobile a few times asking when they'll start with the 9100 but they had know knowledge of it what so ever.

The next step would be to contact RIM and see what they say but it isn't as easy as it sounds....

I too wish T-mobile would carry the 9100. I just love my Pearl, but am ready for a new one!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackberry 9100
OS version 5.0.0.921 (Bundle 1528, Platform 6.2.0.101)
Apps: Blue Slate Converter, Bubble Boom, Extract Icon, Google Sync, LifeLn Pocket GPS, One Touch flashlight, QR Code Scanner, ScanLife Barcoad Reader, Weather Plus, Who is it LED, Themes (made by me )
New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: AT&T

almost thought RIM had retired the Pearl, as the company had not released a new one for almost two years. But it turns out me wrong; RIM announced its latest Pearl earlier this year.

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

sunnysim wrote:

almost thought RIM had retired the Pearl, as the company had not released a new one for almost two years. But it turns out me wrong; RIM announced its latest Pearl earlier this year.

RIM did? A new Pearl this year, where? Got a link?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code