Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
krishkebab

Pearl 8100 Wont respond or turn on

Hello folks

i have a pearl 8100 and last week it ran out of battery...however when i charged it the phone did not turn on and has not since...however the alarm still rings and the green indidcator light still flashes...when the alarm rings i cannot use the keypad to stop it so i have to remove the battery...and the phone doesnt turn on...when i press the power button nothing happens...zip...no response.....

any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
ecstevenson

Re: Pearl 8100 Wont respond or turn on

hey im having some problems with my blackberry pearl... my phone just turned off by itself and it cant turn on again.... i tried fiddling with it and when i pressed the voice command button i could hear it but my screen was still black.... can anyone help us???

Please use plain text.
Visitor
rune123
My Carrier: Verizon

I have a similar issue, only its for my wife's blackberry. She has an 8130 Pearl and had lost her blackberry over the weekend. We found it eventually but the battery was completely dead. I plugged it into the charger to have it charge but it will not turn on. A friend of mine had a similar issue and they suggested charging the device for 24 hours, but still no go.
The charger does work as I confirmed that with my other blackberry phone and when the pearl is "powered on" it shows all the indications of being off, however I can still call the phone and it will ring, the alarm will sound and the light blinks when there are messages received. However I cannot dial out nor see anything on the screen and the keys do not light up. Outside of the alarm coming on and being able to call the phone myself, I'd think that the phone was completely off.

I've pulled the battery and ran the update through desktop manager, and still it will not come on! I'm at the point of pulling out the rest of my hair.... Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
krishkebab

hello folks its me again

i found out that the problem was not with my phone...when i plug it into charge and the red indicator light comes on i try switch the phone on...its switches on but then comes up with the message battery drained...turning off handheld

anyone know how to fix this

thanks

Please use plain text.