Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
doenutty
My Device: Curve 8520

Pearl 8100 internet browsing option support needed

I recently took part in a Digital Connections project whereby I downloaded an app to monitor phone usage through a market research site, when I did this I had to change some internet options in order to allow it certain access.

Since then however internet browsing doesn't work, I get a message which says 'Unable to connect to the Internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider'.

Are there default settings out there that I can mimic to allow access again? Even with removing the app my settings are obviously what I changed them to but I neglected to keep a record of what they were originally. 

I believe its connected to the advanced options/browser push settings where there are several options to allow all/deny all/auto and allow specific. 

Is there any way other than restoring defaults to change them so they are correct? Or if someone has the same phone would they be able to post what their options currently are so I can mimic them to see if they work?

All other functions still work as in email/bbm. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
doenutty
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Pearl 8100 internet browsing option support needed

Never mind! I deleted the stupid app and it was clearly blocking the browser as it now works. I won't be doing that again. Thanks to anyone who looked. Appreciated. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SafariRozay
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520

Re: Pearl 8100 internet browsing option support needed

Wow, I was gonna answer.

"Rozayy"
Please use plain text.