Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

jrsteven3
My Device: Not Specified

Pearl 8110 Is restarting constantly on its own

I have recently been swapped with from a 8100 series to a 8110 and the phone is constantly restarting i put I on the charger to charge and all day it has been restarting constantly.  I've tried taking out the battery and putting it back in but that doesn't work either.  The restarting process happens:  screen goes black, indicator light turns red, then white screen with hour glass comes up, it boots up then goes through the process again!  HELP!!
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Pearl 8110 Is restarting constantly on its own

Try upgrading the device software, follow this link

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03621&sliceId=1&docTy...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
hhn905

I have the same problem after 3 months of using the Pearl 8100. I've updated and reloaded the OS many countless times. That does not fix the problem for me. It constantly restarts by itself. Each time that I reload the OS, it loads after restarting itself atleaset 20 times. Then after a minute it restarts again, then goes into the restarting cycle for another 10mins.

I've looked everywhere for a solution, anyone please help?

New Contributor
Rusk

I have this issue too! I have an 8110 and it will randomly restart several times a day. It is very annoying indeed and there seems to be no cause to it either. I have tried to reload the OS with hardly any apps installed to see if this makes it more stable and also tried it with all the apps I want to use installed and there is no difference.
fobyac25

Mine did the same thing - restarting over and over again. Wouldn't stay switched off either - I had to take the battery out. It also started auto dialing numbers from my address book seemingly at random......

I cured it by throwing it in the bin.

paraskaneriya

Hello,

I am also suffering the same problem. Did you find any solution?

julian84

Hi

i have also had the same problem with my bb8100 pearl i have had it since aug and cant get the full use of it. i just got a soln in another forum about replacing the battery or format the memory card, the latter i have already done. I guess you guys can replace the battery like i will do and see if this works.

New Contributor
Liese

No guarentees, and I'm sure you folks already tried this but, vacume the keyboard and make sure the keys, especially the red phone is going straight up and down not at an angle.  Old Motorola had that curse.
Visitor
fizray

I had my Pearl for a year and was very happy with it until it started doing this over the last 2 months. I have tried many of the suggestions on the forums and none of them have worked.

This is obviously a known problem (if you read the forums other models have the issue too) so why haven't Blackberry done something about it?

As it stands they are going to lose customers and their reputation!

I for one have been advising people against buying a Blackberry and can't wait for my contract to end in another 5 months when I will change to an iphone!