Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
ragnoinsc
My Device: Pearl 8110 Titanium

Pearl 8110 battery charging

My wife and I both have 8110 Pearl phones.  Hers is the Pink and mine the Titanium.  When we charge them, they behave differently.  Mine flashed green while charging and hers does not but they both charge.  If we charge them overnight, my LED is solid green in the morning and hers is not lit at all.  We had to send hers back as soon as we got it becasue it would cut off and on by itself.  This one has done that once or twice so I'm wondering if we have another lemon.  Any advice?
JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Pearl 8110 battery charging

The green light is simply an indicator of a signal present

If the LED is a light green/yellow color, that is an indicator a low battery, below 15% charge.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
ragnoinsc

What kind of a signal..voltage or RF?  When the battery reaches full charge, what should the LED do?
JSanders

ragnoinsc wrote:
What kind of a signal..voltage or RF? 

I don't know what you areasking.

ragnoinsc wrote:
When the battery reaches full charge, what should the LED do?

Nothing actually. Your battery indicator on the homescreen will apear complete, or full, as well as at Options > Status it will show a 100% charge.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
amelia8290
My Device: Not Specified

I'm having a slightly simliar but different problem... When I plug my new pearl in to charge it is "happy" (for lack of a better term" for a few minutes then the screen goes dark and the led is solid red... it will restart even though this cycle contiues the entire night. I tried putting it in standby to charge but of course I didn't think that plugging it in would wake it back up... Does anyone else have this problem or a solution?
New Contributor
ragnoinsc

You had said that the green light is a indication of a signal present.  I was asking what kind of signal, the voltage to charge the battery or the RF signal for the cellular network.  Then I asked what should the LED do when the battery is fully charged..stay solid green or go out completely. 
JSanders

ragnoinsc wrote:
You had said that the green light is a indication of a signal present.  I was asking what kind of signal, the voltage to charge the battery or the RF signal for the cellular network.  Then I asked what should the LED do when the battery is fully charged..stay solid green or go out completely. 

ok, the LED does nothing when fully charged. The green blinking LED indicates a signal from your carrier is present, or you can turn that off completely.

Knowledge Base Updates
JSanders

amelia8290 wrote:
I'm having a slightly simliar but different problem... When I plug my new pearl in to charge it is "happy" (for lack of a better term" for a few minutes then the screen goes dark and the led is solid red... it will restart even though this cycle contiues the entire night. I tried putting it in standby to charge but of course I didn't think that plugging it in would wake it back up... Does anyone else have this problem or a solution?

Amelia, the screen should go dark any time the device is not touched after the set period of time for which you have the backlight set at options > Screen/Keyboard. 

As for your solid red LED, that sounds like the device is rebooting. Look at Options > Status. What is your File Free number?

Knowledge Base Updates