Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
jakeside89
My Device: Pearl 9105
My Carrier: ?

Pearl 9105 Battery/Charging problems

I have had to send my pearl for repair because I accidently broke the LCD screen underneath, I sent it off repair and it came back looking fine but when I have gone to turn it on nothing happens. so I assume the battery might be drained but I have tried leaving it on charge and plugged into my laptop and the 'charging' icon comes on in the middle of the screen but it shows and empty battery with the lightening bolt with nothing actually happening.. any ideas of what I can do??

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Pearl 9105 Battery/Charging problems

charge your device using a wall charger (as opposed to a car charger or a PC).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jakeside89
My Device: Pearl 9105
My Carrier: ?

I have tried that, left it charging for hours and the symbol on the screen just shows an empty battery and the lightening bolt in the middle but the lines aren't moving like it would do when its charging. I dont know whether it might have something to do with where the battery meets the phone or the battery itself?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

you can check if the battery is properly inserted in the device. remove it and insert it again.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.