Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Regular Contributor
My Device: non- blackberry user
My Carrier: blackberry

Re: Pearl 9105 trackpad problem

The upgrading of your OS (Operating System) may be coincidental, but on a Blackberry, you do get the option to rollback to an older OS via the desktop software. It may be worthwhile trying this before returning back to the store

Eric Lewis
My Device: 9105 Pearl
My Carrier: Three

[ Edited ]

Doc76 wrote:

Check the buttons on the very top of the phone. The Play\pause, skip forward, skip back buttons.

|<<  >||  >>|

^^^^^^  what he said  ^^^^^^^

Thanks Doc76 - after several battery/sim out-in-out-in etc etc, I read your post.  I must have dropped the 'phone at some point (I don't remember dropping it but then I can't remember who I am most of the time!) as there was what looked like a chip in the casing just behind the >> button on top.

It turned out not to be a chip but a little 1mm 'tang' of casing bent inward, jamming the >> button.  After picking at it with my thumbnail, I managed to return it to where it was and freed the button, which solved the trackpad problem.

(My trackpad wouldn't do anything on the home screen but I could select "switch application" from the menu button)

Thanks again Doc76

Ed

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9105
My Carrier: Telstra

[ Edited ]

My new 9105 is still going well after 2 years since being replaced.  Haven't had a recurrence of the original problem with the new one.

My Device: onix
My Carrier: 082210499687

pearl 9105 trackpad problem