Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
prairiedog
My Device: Not Specified

Pearl Problem

Pearl 8100.  Out of nowhere whilein peration, the device began displaying the rotating hourglass screen.  Device will not power down.  Removed battery to reset but when battery was reinserted, the device returned to the rotating hourglass.  Anyway to get around this?  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Pearl Problem

Well I'm also desperately looking for the answer to this query. Saveral 8100 device are facing this problem for my carrier. I'm yet to find an answer to this.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Trusted Contributor
GeeMrScience
My Device: 8100 8300 8700 8800

Try to backup your blackberry if possible as you may need to update/reload the Blackberry software on your fone.
New to a Blackberry? Check out http://www.discoverblackberry.com
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Device is not getting power for required time for desktop manager to identifiy it. Backing up or reloading OS is not possible.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Trusted Contributor
GeeMrScience
My Device: 8100 8300 8700 8800

Which was why I put "if possible". I've seen Blackberry's take as long as 30 minutes to finish starting up, so at the time I posted that message, her device may have finished starting up.
New to a Blackberry? Check out http://www.discoverblackberry.com
New Contributor
prairiedog
My Device: Not Specified

Well if actually boots up, we will have surpaseed your time record.  This started at 10PM last evening and the little hour glass was still spinning at 10AM this morning.  Keep you posted. 

Trusted Contributor
Bolder
My Device: 8320, 8120

[ Edited ]

Hello...

The desktop manager does not need to show "connected" to perform an application load.  try running it.  If the application loader does not recognize the BlackBerry, try running the application load with the battery out. (it will fail with the battery out, but then simply re-insert the battery and run it again!)

Cheers!

Message Edited by Bolder on 07-14-2008 04:43 PM