Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100

Phone Keeps Resetting

Everytime i text message, make a phone call, get off the internet my phone resets itself or turns off. i have updated, i checked the sim card, put a new battery in it and for some reason i cant get the desktop manger to download on to my computer. I dont know what to do, need help!

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Phone Keeps Resetting

Hi and welcome to the forums!

You may have a memory problem.

Do you have a lot of third party applications on your BB weather, icall,bbalerts etc?

I do not know your experience level, so if you know this I'm sorry but please read and let me

know if this applies.

Most people close the applications by pressing the escape or red key. This does not close the applications.

Each application has a CLOSE option. For instance if you are in the calendar hit the menu key (spotted key) and scroll down to the bottom CLOSE is listed. Go through each application and press close. Go into the browser press menu and options select cache operations clear all categories and hit escape it will say cleaning memory.

Go to options - security - memory cleaning - enable it. The BB will now clean memory when idle for 5 minutes.

you will have an icon on you screen for memory cleaning make sure you press it. Make sure you use the CLOSE button each time you are done with an application.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=9225#M9225

If you follow these steps and keep up with your memory your phone will operate smoothly.

Please let us know if you need help with any of the steps.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Thanks for the advice but that didnt seem to help, now anytime i click on anything it wants to reset and even if i just set the phone down it wants to reset, also i have to push the trackball kinda hard to get it to click on any of the icons.
Guru I

Hi,

Please send me the file free and file total numbers in OPTIONS-STATUS

Thaks,

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

the file free is 25999588... and the file total is 64356352... and the the total database size is 4146.3k
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

When you say you updated, was that the OS on the device?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

i updated it using the desktop manager, i dont really understand the updates now that they changed how u update, i have T-Mobile and i use to just go to T-mobile and update through them.

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

What's your OS version? (check by going into Options | About - will be listed as v4.x.xx.xxx). Maybe try doing a clean install of the device software. Just make sure you use the Backup and Restore feature to backup for data first, as this will erase all the data off the device.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

v4.2.107
Guru I

Is your phone under warranty? There is no fix that we can enable on the phone, we have reloaded the os, done a soft reset,checked and verified it's not a memory problem. From the BB side, there is nothing left to do.  It is time to deal with the carrier. I hate to tell you that,but that is what it comes down to.

While this is not the answer you are looking for, it is not from lack of trying!

Please take a minute for the following:

Please resolve the post using the green kudos's box. Simply check the post that had

your answer in it. Thanks!

If you need more info or help, we can open a new thread.

Thanks,