03-02-2012 08:56 AM
I uploaded my sim contacts onto my pearl 9105 but if I get a text from one of them the phone doesn't recognize the number. Their name doesn't come up, just their number and it is hard /impossible to remember dozens of phone numbers leaving me at a loss to who even is trying to contact me.
Any way to fix this?
Thanks a million for any help!
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-02-2012 09:10 AM
There could be any one of three solutions... Try these:
1. Make sure you set your own country code at Phone dialer Screen > Options > Smart dialing.
Set your Country Code in this format: "+xx" where xx = your country code. Some countries have two or three digit Country Codes. Do not place the '+' in your contact's entry.
* In the US, set this Country Code as "+1", and place your local area code in the proper box (this normally the default setting in a new BB).
2. At the same location, change the National Number Length to the number of digits for your country (since some countries will have less than 10 as set as the default in the BB). Find out the total digits, minus the country code. Do not place the '+' in your contact's entry.
* For example, some countries have a total number to 8 (plus 3 for country code). You would enter "8".
3. You may have "Content Protection" set on your Address Book.
OS5 devices: Look at Options > Security > General Settings. Scroll down to Content Protection > Include Address Book = NO.
OS6 devices: Homescreen > Options > Security > Encryption > UNcheck the box next to Encrypt.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code