Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

My Device: Not Specified

Phone stuck on connecting to boot rom

Tried to update to new OS.  Desktop manager took off all programs, but now won't recognize phone.  Phone has flashing red light. Application loader stuck in "connecting to boot rom"  Help, I need my phone back
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Phone stuck on connecting to boot rom

Use JL_cmder application to wipe your device OS. Click this link for details.

Check steps below for OS upgrade by installing device OS in the PC -

Step #1:

Before starting make sure that BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on the Computer.

Step #2:

Make sure that you have installed updated device software installed in your PC. Check this link to get update device software from carrier OS download site.

Step#3:

Users can perform a full or selective backup of the data using the Backup and Restore tool in BlackBerry Desktop Manager by completing the following steps:

1.      Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager

2.      Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager

3.      Double-click Backup & Restore

4.      Select Backup to perform a full backup or select Advanced to perform a backup of specific databases

5.      Choose a location to save the backup file, then click Save

Step#4:

To perform a clean install of the BlackBerry Device Software, perform the following steps:

1.      Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager

2.      Double-click the Application Loader icon

3.      Click Next to start the installation process

4.      Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK

5.      Click the check boxes next to the names of the applications you want to load, and then click Next

6.      Click Advanced, and then click the check box beside Erase all currently installed applications.

7.      Click Next.

8.      Click the check box next to Do not automatically backup the application data during the loading process

9.      Clear the box next to Backup and restore applications installed wirelessly

10.  Click Next -> Finish

11.  When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appear

Click Close to return to BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: 1und1

I've got the same problem with my new Storm 2 9520 and found this thread while googling for a solution. I wiped my device as described, but when trying to install the OS I still have the same problem (hangs while connecting to boot ROM). Now my device is wiped and I can't install an OS. Help please!

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: 1und1

Ok, I installed Windows XP on my notebook and for some reason it worked now. Before I was using a WinXP VMWare on Linux for OS updates, which worked fine for my old Storm 9500. With the new Storm 2 9520 it doesn't. Really weird. :smileysad:

My Device: curve 8320
My Carrier: t-mobile

When it got to the boot rom step, I simply unplugged my usb cord and battery as quickly as possible and put the battery back in and plugged the usb back in and it connected to the boot rom. so far this has worked, I am on the last step as I type this

My Device: bolt 9000

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I had the same problem and blacky wont bootup, when i looked at the blackberry driver in the control panel i saw the driver had a error   yellow !   :smileysurprised:

So i installed the blackberry usb driver again and after that my problem was fixed and blacky bootup normal and continuous os update.

Grtz... JeeJee

My Device: 8350
My Carrier: nextel

Did not work and have nothing now.

My Device: 8350
My Carrier: nextel

tried. and still no booting.

Contributor
My Device: 8100 Pearl
My Carrier: T-Mobile

This website has a good solution. It seems to work for most people. My 8100 wasn't nuked, but I needed to reinstall the OS. I followed his instructions and it worked.

I don't know if we're allowed to post links on this forum, but I'll try. If it doesn't allow the link, then Google "crackberry reload operating system nuked blackberry" and it should be the first link. Just look for the crackberry site.

Here's the link (hopefully):

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry

My Device: all
My Carrier: jamaica

[ Edited ]

If you r in jamaica i have the solution that will get you phone up and running again. all those phones that will not pass connecting boot Rom. contact me: <Private Content Removed>