Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Photo Corrupted?

I took a photo on my Blackberry Pearl (8100 series). The photo appeared as normal after I had taken it and I saved it onto my Media Card. However, when I went to view the photo again, I just see a red X and that's it!

It's only doing it for this photo and none of the others so I don't know what to do!

This is a really important photo that I need so if anyone could help me I would be eternally grateful!

I tried emailing to myself and opening it on the computer and that didn't work either.

The interesting thing is, I looked in the file properties and it says the file is 480KB in size, so it's not like it didn't save properly because the file is about the right size for a photo!

Thanks for your help!

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Photo Corrupted?

What happens if you take any picture with device? Does all the photos shows a cross beside them?

If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Photo Corrupted?

All the other pictures I've taken have worked fine. I see the preview and then when I click on it the picture comes up.

On this one there's a picture icon and an arrow instead of the preview, and then when you click it you just see the red x.

I tried emailing it to another blackberry and when we tried to open the attachment on the other phone, it showed a screen with "yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" but they went on and covered the entire screen.

I've never had this problem with my blackberry before so I don't know what to do! Smiley Sad