Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
blackhorn33
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000 OSv5.0.0.1067 (BdL 1728. Plat 5.2.0.89)

Re: Please help! Cannot access existing email accounts on pearl 8100 anymore.

Have you gotten the special code for your BlackBerry Pearl from your gmail account settings, which you enter in place of a password in email setup?
New Contributor
New Contributor
dianep
My Device: Pearl 8100

Hi

No, I havent got a mspeacial code for BB from gmail - where do I look for this please?

Have to say tho, I didnt have one before when it did work either, but am very willing to give it  a try!

Thanks for your help.

New Contributor
blackhorn33

Re: Please help! Now Cannot stop emails coming to BB pearl 8100!.

Dianep,

On the BlackBerry Pearl 8100, go to message settings, email settings, on your work account, select Folder Redirection to have the email forwarded to your device.

New Contributor
New Contributor
blackhorn33

Dianep,

The fact that you are experiencing more than 1 problem is evident at this point.  When your work email is configured, all you should have to do is forward it to your device. But this should not affect any other email account on your device.

As for the Gmail, have you changed the password on your gmail account?  Did you set up additional Security on your Gmail account, in the form of 2 Step Verification?  Also, in the last several months Google has changed many things, including, but not limited to Security.

Part of your problem could well be the need of an Application Specific Password for your BlackBerry Pearl 8100 Gmail.  This is generated by your Gmail Account, under Google Account Settings, Application Specific Passwords.  If and when you do this, when prompted for a name, name it BlackBerry Pearl,  be sure to have a pen and paper ready, and write it down EXACTLY AS IT APPEARS!  This is a 16 digit password generated and SHOWN ONLY 1 TIME.  You will then have to set up your email on your BlackBerry Pearl again, but when prompted for the Gmail password, input the Application Specific Password.

The question that keeps coming to mind is MEMORY.  I can't imagine how you have 2 email accounts on your Pearl 8100, and say you know very little about this phone.  Memory problems should have caused many problems by this point in time.  Have you got a memory cleaner on this phone? And I don't mean in the browser, under options, under cache, but be mindful BOTH OF THESE HAVE TO BE UTILIZED VERY OFTEN WITH THIS PHONE. Although I enjoyed my Pearl, and I will, when given time, will troubleshoot it's problem, and get it working again.

Lastly I want to stress the importance of doing as at least 1 member of this forum suggested:  Solve 1 problem at a time.  The BES should be at the forefront.  I will say that I used my Pearl 8100c for 2 years, and at the start I printed out the COMPLETE manual. I suggest the same for you, or download it onto your computer, and use it. In the last 3 days, I have went through several sections and validated my initial suspicion that BES and BIS cause problems and conflicts within this phone.

After careful evaluation, and troubleshooting, if this does not take care of your problems, bring it to our attention.

Sincerely;:Cowboy:

Blackhorn33

New Contributor
New Contributor
dianep
My Device: Pearl 8100

Hi,

Well, firstly thank you all SO much for the help, advice and very relevant suggestions so far.

My work support have "closed my ticket" as they had no more help to offer, so I am indebted to this forum, because, today I have today successfully managed to stop the work emails coming to my account as and when I chose - using the "folder redirection" menu item in "email setttings" as suggested by Blackhorn33.

I am ecstatic!

This doesnt explain why the "send email to handheld  - NO" option doesnt work, but does it matter?! I have a very pleasing solution.

My next step is to try the gmail application specific password generation, and reload gmail to my BB - I am going to try this tonight, so I have everything crossed that this works too.

If not I will try and ask my work support team again about the BES and separate folders for each account, but I will try without this first.

I will report back on how I go.....Diane

New Contributor
blackhorn33

Dianep,

In "Main Message" settings, you have the option of either including your email account messages in your "Main Messages", or not. Remove the check mark in the box beside each email account, then save settings. Email should then go to each individual account icon.  If you do not see these icons, go to home screen, select menu, select "Show All", then escape.  All hidden icons should appear, they will be translucent, and not nearly as bold. Search each folder, the email account icons will be here somewhere. When you find them, select each, one at a time, but do not open them; when 1 is selected, select "Menu" then deselect "Hide", then excape. Do this for both.

We appreciate your Thanks Dianep, and we are here and Happy to assist any time!

New Contributor