Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
Stephen0523
My Device: Not Specified

Pocket Mac Error

[ Edited ]

Hello. This is my first post.

I just purchased the BB 8120 Pearl and I am on a MacPro Intel.

I am trying to use PocketMac to upload my Address Book contact to the phone, but I get the error:

[07:23:15.227] Unable to connect to BlackBerry

(error 1); skipping.

Does anyone have any advise?

Thanks

Stephen Thompson

EDIT: Removedpersonal details 

Message Edited by Andy on 06-03-2008 06:54 AM
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
PocketMacAnne
My Device: 8300

Re: Pocket Mac Error

There is a solution for this. You have one of the new, faster devices that were released AFTER PocketMac was posted. So, we have a patch for you.  First, visit the download page: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/mac.jsp

and start the download process again. As you move to the download screen, select PocketMac V4.0.20b for BlackBerry. Then, on the next screen, you have two program choices to download.

You have probably already downloaded the first one, under the heading "PocketMac v4.0.20b for BlackBerry." If you have erased it, go ahead and download it again.

Since you have one of the newest devices (like the 8110, 8120, 8130, 8310 or 8330), you may also need to download the patch that allows you to connect to those as well. That patch is on the same page, under the heading, "PocketMac Driver update -- DriverUpdate.dmg."

TO INSTALL:
1. IMPORTANT: Disconnect your BlackBerry from your Macintosh.
2. If you uninstalled PocketMac for BlackBerry, reinstall the main program now.
3. When the installer is finished, you will be prompted to restart. DO NOT click the restart button.
4. Install the Driver Update file please, this installer will complete very quickly.
5. Finally, restart the Macintosh now that the software application and driver updater installers have been completed.

After the restart is complete, please launch PocketMac for Blackberry, then plug-in your BlackBerry handheld. Click the Sync button to begin the synchronization session.

If you still can't connect, here are some steps you can perform to make sure the new patch is installed correctly:

1. Please unplug your BlackBerry and count to 60 seconds. This allows the
driver to completely release. (Likely, the driver wasn't released last time you tried installing the patch, so the new one didn't install correctly.)

2. Please open Finder, and locate the following folder: MacintoshHD/System/Library/Extensions/.

3. Within the "Extensions" folder, you will see a list of .kext files. scroll down the very long list, and locate the two files that start with "BlackBerry" files.

4. Please remove both of these files from your Mac: "BlackBerry.kext" and "BlackBerryUSBDev.kext". You will need your Apple Administrator user account password to remove these files from the Extensions folder. After you do so, empty your trash, please.

6. Install the driver again. After you've finished the installer/driver package, please restart your Macintosh.

7. Finally, plug-in your BlackBerry handheld, then launch PocketMac for BlackBerry. The PocketMac Sync Manager should now be able to find your BlackBerry.

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team
Direct support available for PocketMac for BlackBerry FREE at http://tinyurl.com/RIMsupport
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Stephen0523

Hi Anne. I purchased "The Missing Sync." Is PocketMac a better program?
Please use plain text.
shm68

I was able to perfectly sync my mac and blackberry with pocket mac until one day it just stopped working (I got the same error).  I tried all the advice on these postings and NOTHING helped.  Well, I had almost given up hope when I called my cell phone provider to see if it could possibly be the phone.  Turns out, it WAS MY BLACKBERRY AND NOT POCKET MAC!  Since my blackberry was still under warranty I got it replaced for free, but not without a headache or two with the technical support people. I had to try to sync my bb with a PC and then wipe the phone and try with a PC to verify that it was not the pocket mac software but the phone that was not being recognized.  I now have a new blackberry curve that syncs effortlessly with my mac.  So, CHECK YOUR PHONE before you give up hope.
Please use plain text.