Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
sosa1998
My Device: Not Specified

Possible to delete duplicative message lists?

Hello -- I'm the new owner of a Pearl 8130 and I'm still finding my way around the device.  I've set up email, but I now have two separate message lists -- one called "Messages" and one that is named after my Gmail email address.  They both display the exact same list of messages, so it's not that they are linked to different email accounts -- it's the same account, just listed twice.  Is there any way to delete one of these message lists so that I only have one?  On my old BlackBerry, I didn't have any redundant lists.  Thanks very much in advance to anyone who can help me out with this question!

Best,

Jeff 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Possible to delete duplicative message lists?

Normally when a Device is set up to link to a Companys Blackberry Server, it would have the main 'messages' for the company email, and the second mail icon for their personal accounts (gmail etc)

It sounds like u possibly set this up incorrectly.. Try logging into your carriers BIS site and see if you created a @blackberry.ap email account.

Delete that one and just have ur Gmail account associated with it..

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sosa1998

Thanks for the quick reply, bumblepie.  My carrier is Verizon, and I actually don't have a company BlackBerry server because I'm a student.  It's just my gmail account that I've set up -- nothing more, nothing less.  Which is why I'm surprised to have two icons listed! 

Best,

Jeff 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie

I know you don't have a server, but there appears to be two mail addresses set up on this device.

You need to login into you Carriers BIS site with the username and password you created and see the two email accounts in there, and delete the one thats no gmail.

Chances are when you were going through to set up, you elected to have a blackberry email created for u, and add your gmail one.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sosa1998

Yep, I did originally create a BlackBerry email account, but that meant that I had *three* mailboxes, so I deleted the BlackBerry email.  And now just the one email account is listed when I log in to the Verizon site.  However, I've still got the two message lists (identical, both containing my Gmail mail).  Totally strange.  For other people, is the only message list the one called "Messages" or is it named after your email account?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sosa1998

....Actually, I think the easier solution might just be for me to "hide" the icon by highlighting the duplicate message list, clicking the menu button, and choosing hide.  Thanks all.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie

Sounds easier than figuring out why its doing it. Especially if you have prev deleted the other email address associated.
OR
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.