Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
DaveClitherow
My Device: Not Specified

Post 4.5 Upgrade issue

Hi there,  a couple of days ago I upgraded to 4.5 and just about everything is fine.  However, there seems to be a nagging issue.  When I receive and SMS message, the LED indicator blinks RED as I would expect. However, when I view the message, it goes solid RED rather and switching off.  Any ideas? Deleting the message/s does not clear the LED state, power off/on does, as does connecting in the car via bluetooth based on observation.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Post 4.5 Upgrade issue

Did you check the profile setting of your device?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
firemangmc
My Device: 8130-VZW

hello i had sim issues!  But mine was with BB messenger! sms and mms were fine with LED.  So i just turned off the LED for my BB messenger in the Setting!  Works fine now if you have it set to a snd/vib alert.  If you are like me with my crackberry?  Even when i have my phone in silent mode or phone only mode, i still check it quite a bit!  Hope it helps!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DaveClitherow

The profile setting is unchanged from before, and is honoured when the SMS comes in - that is the LED flashes. Only when I read the message does it change to solid red, instead of being turned off.....
Please use plain text.
Visitor

[ Edited ]

I hope this is the right thread. I have a post 4.5 upgrade issue. Prior to the upgrade my wife could send phots via e-mail by selecting the mail envelope after taking the picture. Now that option is not selectable. Also it tells here that the file system is full and will not save the picture. I have checked and she has no other pictures in the media folder. I have also checked the video and music and there are no videos and one song.  Is there any answer as to why this is taking place and a solution to the problem.

I also checked status shows  File Free: 11705677 bytes.

Message Edited by jwhitehill on 12-01-2008 12:02 AM
Please use plain text.