Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

My Device: Not Specified

Re: app error 523 reset... PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi! Ok, i am totally lost!  My blackberry pearl 8100 stoped living as of this morning at 8 a.m.  I has a white screen with the same message as yours did, "app error 523 reset"  No matter how many times i hit reset, it doesnt RESET!  I have been off work since 6 and online looking for solutions.  I read what the guy told you about yours, but i dont think i understand.  I purchased my bb from someone, and i dont have anything on my desktop manager as some websites say.  I do have the usb that came with the phone.  Please help me if you can.  I cannot afford another cell at this moment and i really like the one i have now.  I have also tried the holding down the alt cap del button; NOTHING.  I JUST WANT MY PHONE BACK.  PLEASE!  SOS!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: app error 523 reset... PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

(FYI - we had this split off of a closed thread so that it could receive proper attention...)

First, you need to take the red out of your posts...please.

Second, you need to do the following:

I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything. If you have never installed the Desktop Software to your PC, then skip steps 1 and 2.

1) Remove your device OS update package from your PC (add/remove programs)

2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM DTM software:

• KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software

3) Get a fresh download of the RIM DTM software:

• Choose the version that is newest and (if applicable) compatible with your PIM (if you are synchornizing via USB):
  • KB12268 Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Manager for synchronization

4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:

5) Install DTM to your PC

6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package

OK...next, follow this KB (including the other links within the KB) for recovery from the 523 error:

• KB11816 Error "523 app.error.Reset" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck and let us know!

Special through 31-Oct-2015 -- 10% Discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.