Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Receiving contacts via Bluetooth

Hi, I just purchased the BB 8220 and am trying to transfer my contacts from my previous phone and/or computer via Bluetooth.  I am able to sucessfully pair to both devices, however when ever I try to send a contact to the BB, the othe device indcates that BB does not support the service.  On the BB, I have set the 'Contacts Transfer' option to 'All Entries.'  I am able to transfer contacts from my BB to the other devices, but not the other way around.

Is this not supported for some reason?  I was able to transfer my contacts to a Nokia via Bluetooth very easily.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Receiving contacts via Bluetooth

Hi and welcome to the forums!

From the attached KB:

"Contacts in the BlackBerry device address book can only be shared with Bluetooth enabled car kits. Contacts cannot be shared with any other Bluetooth enabled devices (e.g., other BlackBerry devices, third-party Bluetooth enabled devices, or Bluetooth enabled laptop computers"

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05343&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Use the Switch Device Wizard in the desktop software program to import your info

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05459&sliceId=SAL_Pub... 

Thanks

Please remember to resolve your thread.

Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Thanks for the quick response.  So does that mean that no one will be able to send me a contact via BlueTooth?  My previous phone was not a smart phone, so it doesn't look like I will be able to use the Switch Device Wizard either.   It seems wierd that the BB wont accept contacts via BlueTooth when pretty much every device I have had in the past 3+ years has..

New Contributor

I have a similar queston. I just baught my first BB and I do not have data service (only basic voice service now thru T-Mobile).  I want to transfer my contacts info from MS outlook to my BB. I also installed BB DM. I exported contact info from outlook per BB website instructions. but I do not know to to sync this file to my BB device.

Thanks.

New Contributor

So, I still can't figure out how to use Blue Tooth to retrieve the contacts.  I am extremely surprised that this is so hard.

However, my workaround was this: I sent my contacts via BT to my computer.  Then I added the contacts  to Outlook by dragging and dropping them into the Contacts folder.  I then went into BB DM and set up my synchronization (from Synchronize-->Configuration Synchronization) settings to synchronize my Outlook contacts.  Now with you BB connected via the USB cable, select Synchronize.  

This was a pain to simply get my contacts transfered over, however at least now my contacts will always be synchronized with outlook when I connect my BB to my computer.

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks, Radio99. Yes, I was able to sync with outlook now.