Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
Sagww
My Device: BB Pearl Flip 8200

Red Light Perpetually On and Running Clock on Screen -- Application Error 200

Hi,

My BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 (purchased in June 2009) blacked out all of a sudden.  Its red light came on and the running clock appeared on the screen with a white background. 

I tried removing the battery and replacing it, but to no avail. 

After a few hours, it displayed a message that read "Application Error 200" with the word "Reset" beside a checked box, so I chose the reset option.  Then running clock appeared on the screen with the white background again and remained for several hours. 

It came back on its own few hours later, as if nothing had happened, but when into the running clock/red light mode again a few hours after mysteriously returning to normal.

I charged it so it wouldn't lose power, but after 12 hours of charging, the screen is black, as if it was powered off, but the red light is still on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: Red Light Perpetually On and Running Clock on Screen -- Application Error 200

Welc:smileyhappy:me to the c:smileyhappy:mmunity supp:smileyhappy:rt f:smileyhappy:rums

Sounds like you may need to reload your OS. 

APP Error 200 Reset

Resolution
Re-install the BlackBerry® Device Software and applications to the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the following steps:

Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
Double-click Application Loader. The Application Loader Wizard appears. You may need to unplug and re-attach the USB cable to the BlackBerry smartphone at this point for it to be recognized by Application Loader.
Click Next.
Choose the port that the BlackBerry smartphone is connected to and click Next.
If prompted, type the BlackBerry smartphone password and click Next.
The Device Application Selection screen appears. Select the applications to be loaded onto your BlackBerry smartphone.
If the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether or not to automatically back up the BlackBerry smartphone. Click Next.
Click Next. The Completing the Application Wizard screen appears, displaying all the software that will be loaded to your BlackBerry smartphone.
Click the Advanced button and make sure that Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications are both selected.
Note: If the Application Loader is not able to access all of the BlackBerry smartphone data, then both Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications will be grayed out.

Click Next, and then click Next again.
Click Finish. The BlackBerry Device Software is now loaded on the BlackBerry smartphone. Do not disconnect the BlackBerry smartphone until the process has completed.

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Sagww

Re: Red Light Perpetually On and Running Clock on Screen -- Application Error 200

Nurse-Berry,

Thanks for the reply.

I did as instructed, but on step 9 0f 11, my BB Flip 8220 froze, displaying the error message: "Reload Software: 507." It remained in this frozen state for more than 2 hrs.

I restarted the process via my BB Desktop Mgr, but once again received the same error message.

I tried to reload the software using the BB Desktop Mgr, but on step 5 of 6, the phone froze again, displaying the following error message: "Reload Software: 561." 

I think the phone is now inoperable, for it won't respond to my pressing any of its buttons, including the power button.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

sagww

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sagww

Re: Application Error 200 Leading to OS Reload Errors 507 or 561 - Unable to Connect to Device

[ Edited ]

I've tried the following:

1) removed power-saving options of USB Root Hubs in Windows Device Manager,

2) Disabled Vista User Account Controls,

3) Attempted a hard install of os by double clicking: mycomputer, local disc c, program files, common files, research in motion, apploader, then loader.exe,

3) Deleted vendor.xml and used JL_Cmder to wipe the device (or tried to, but it wouldn't connect after 50 tries!)

4) Attempted a hard install of the os via command prompt: loader.exe /nojvm

5) Downloaded BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife), successfully connected and wiped device but still received error 507 when trying to reload the os.

The error messages are alternating between 507 and 561 when I attempt to load the os via different avenues.  However, they've all resulted in the same two error messages when the .cod modules are attempting to load.

Any assistance with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

sagww

Please use plain text.
Contributor
watches
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Application Error 200 Leading to OS Reload Errors 507 or 561 - Unable to Connect to Device

You have a Lemon 8220! The same as thousands of other people. Call your carrier and they will send you another Lemon 8220. You will only be happy when you buy a another make of phone. I bought a Palm and it is amazing.

Please use plain text.