Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Visitor
RichieGrahamSnr
My Device: 8100 Pearl, 8800 and 8300

Re: Red blinking light & phone is unresponsive (8100 Series)

Anyone with alternative procedures other than those on this forum plse assist me. Unable to connection to wipe or otherwise, blank connection box. Thanks much.

Visitor
WillBsouth
My Device: 8230 Pearl Flip

Don't know if your problem was answered but I have the same problem with my Pearl 8320 flip-phone. I contacted and was online for close to 1 hour with the Bell tech support and at the end of it all it was, according to them, a hardware issue and needed to be sent to them or a mobile repair shop...needless to say it is still sitting on the table for the last 4 weeks, dead.  Even charged and installed a new battery. Funny how these things go poof just outside of the warranty period.  I would not recommend or purchase another BlackBerry again is all I can say, as this one has been very problematic.

In the meantime can anyone give me any other suggestions other than removing the battery, connecting to computer via USB?

Frustrated in Ontario!    :~p

cmbrinker
My Device: Pearl 8230

I am having the same problem. It seemed to connect erase and load fine but keeps giving me the same error message loader was unable to connect to device. Any suggestions? Please?

Skytanz
My Device: Pearl 8220 Smatphone Flip

I'm also having the same problem.... red blinking light and no response. I tried reloading the battery over night, but still no response. I looked through the manuals but didn't find any reference to the red light at all!

Phone was purchased in April 2009 so also about 18 months old.... very suspicious :smileywink:

I would appreciate any help before I send it off for  (expensive) repairs.

New Contributor
deednseed
My Device: Storm 9530

BB Storm 101111 red led blink code, cant detect USB by desktop in anyways

Hello all!

Before you ask, yes I have searched for weeks through a multitude of different sites, including this one, for a fix to my problem.

I have had this phone for about 2 years now and was bought new through AT&T at the time. It's worked fine whenever needed and up until 6-7 months ago has been my primary phone. I now use a different phone but decided to dig this phone up and give it to a friend or family member who can put it to better use than I can. But I wan't to give them something in perfect working order if I am to give them anything at all.

On to the problem. After digging the phone up I plugged it into my wall outlet and gave it a full charge overnight. When trying to boot it up that morning all that was occurring was a constant blink---blink-blink-blink red light pattern (1-3). It seemed the phone was completely dead aside from the blink code. I obviously googled this and found thousands of hits to people having the same problem or a variation of this. After attempting everything at my own pace without result I have decided to just post my own, specific problem on he forum for all things Blackberry.

Steps I have taken:

All the common sense fixes.
I've downloaded the latest version of Desktop Manager.
I've downloaded the Handheld Software provided by BB for AT&T as well as T-Mobile (my current provider.)
From there I've tried all different combinations of makeshift solutions thought up by users on forums with people having the same problem.
(i.e battery in, battery out, plugged in prior, plugged in after, trying to beat the application loader while it is searching for device, SIM card in and out, etc.)
I've also tried the JL_Cmder recommendation.
And a few more that I've stumbled on in Yahoo answers, etc.

The problem with 90% of the possible solutions is that they assume you have a working, established connection with your device. That's my main problem. My PC and the Desktop Manager do not detect the 8100, at all. I'm also using a different computer from when I used to actively use the phone. So there is no record, back-up, or signs that this device was ever linked to the Desktop Manager. If that even matters. Any ways around this to get my PC to recognize the phone? I've seen Command Prompt techniques but none have worked.

So without being able to reload or upgrade the OS, is my device just dead?

I really want to not lose this since it's in really great condition besides the not working part haha.

Any ideas, links, advice, etc. will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

New Contributor
deednseed
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: BB Storm 101111 red led blink code, cant detect USB by desktop in anyways

Is their any way to upload/tranfer USB client firware in the BB storm 9530?

My device is undetectable by any means, no ding sound (Different comps, no usb hub, with/without battery, all latest and older version of DMs, BBSAK, JL_Cmder, Bootloader /nojvm, CFP, etc)

I increased the verbose level of CFP and JL_Cmder to provide maximum output and it waits at:

Connecting to Bootrom:

In FindADevice(): ..... here it waits till eternity.

It happened when i was trying to upgrade the OS, no hardware problem, no water/humidity, tried replacing working battery.

Blank screen with power on self test red LED code = 101111 (which people says, error 47 in decimal means try replacing flash, no further information available)

-----

It also do not charge the battery, if i put a new battery the red light starts blink in the specified pattern. Later after some hours it keeps blinking and when battery drained out it stops.

Now when i insert the USB cable it starts blinking in the same fashion with and without battery.

No warranty due to ebay buy. Earlier is was working perfectly fine, problem occured after a failed OS update.

Error... failed to connec to the device during a multistage ....

New Contributor
netconsult
My Device: 9550

My issue is exactly the same, so you're not alone: 101111. No USB connectivity acknowledgement, etc.  I unfortunately, have had the resolution.... none. Wish us luck.

New Contributor
tjmxf
My Device: curve 8900

[ Edited ]

My issue is exactly the same, so you're not alone: 101111. No USB connectivity acknowledgement, etc.  I unfortunately, have had the resolution.... none. Wish us luck.

Removed personal information to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

New Contributor
jyotishsb
My Device: Pearl 9105

Even I also have the same problem.Is it custom for BB to downgrade its own models.

Visitor
supra00
My Device: 8100

go to http://www.cyber-flasher.com/blackberry/70675-all-instalador-rapido.html download instalador rapido for ur model and double click it after u download it then connect ur phone w/o battery let it finish and woala!!!  Good Luck...