Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9105
My Carrier: 3

Re: Rest mep counter

Hi, so the call is free and then you have to pay for the support?
Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yes sir.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Or...you could simply "follow the money" or, more correctly, "follow the purchase contract". If someone sold you a device that they represented as being able to be unlocked, yet you now discover that it's not, then your recourse is with the seller to you, isn't it? And, as far as I can tell, you did not buy directly from BlackBerry.

You may not "like" that this is how things work, but your contractual relationship is with whoever sold this device to you...no one else is party to that contract.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates

But sometimes it's just easier to blame BlackBerry, fuss and complain that this big global corporation doesn't even have a free phone number.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9105
My Carrier: 3

Thank you for clearing that up. So I was correct from the start ... Blackberry offers you poor support service and even has the cheek to actually charge you for it. .. VERY VERY poor company....
Hall of Famer II

[ Edited ]

JSanders wrote:

But sometimes it's just easier to blame BlackBerry, fuss and complain that this big global corporation doesn't even have a free phone number.

Yup...as well as totally ignore the contract to which all parties are bound -- BlackBerry, the carrier, and even the end user all are bound by contracts for services and support. It is rarely free to bypass contract that one enters into. And that is what Incident Support is intended for -- folks who choose to bypass their contractually required support channel.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Hall of Famer II

JJ1969 wrote:
Thank you for clearing that up. So I was correct from the start ... Blackberry offers you poor support service and even has the cheek to actually charge you for it. .. VERY VERY poor company....

Nope...please pop up one message to discover what governs the support model to which all parties are bound...

As to if it's "poor" or not, well that's a totally different debate...and a pointless one as well. For the contract wins, regardless of how anyone feels about it.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates

JJ1969 wrote:

In actuality, you're the one not following the support route outlined.

You've been given good advice by two pretty decent guys spending time to answer every question for you.

The least you could do is say thank you, and move on.

Knowledge Base Updates