Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Right Convenience Key not working

Can you try setting that key to open a different application, say your Address Book, and see if it works on it?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pidjong09
My Device: BlackBerry 9105
My Carrier: Smart Wireless

Re: Right Convenience Key not working

It still doesn't work. I tried to assign it to Address book, Text Message, BBM, Do nothing (well, of course it will not do anything) then back to Camera . Nothing works. I can hear the click sound so I'm pretty much sure that I am pressing the correct key. Also, I tried to press the button a bit longer but then again, it didn't do anything. And oh, just so you know. I tried to use it as a shutter button while I'm using the camera and it works (just like before. actually, that's the weird part because it implies that the key is not physically damaged or broken). Tried to do hard reset before but nothing happened. :smileysad:(

Please use plain text.
sgain
My Device: 9100
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Having same problem with right side convenience key

I seem to be having the same problem.

I purchased an unlocked 9100 through Amazon. It arrived with the right side convenience key working and with an older OS — either 4.x or 5.x. But then I upgraded the OS to App Version 6.0.0.481 (2114) (Platform: 6.6.0.151) using Blackberry Desktop Software. After upgrading, the right side convenience key stopped working.

Thinking this could be a hardware issue, I bought a second 9100 from Amazon. This one arrived with App Version: 6.0.0.534 (2390) and Platform: 6.6.0.200. Out of the box, the right side convenience key doesn't work.

Please use plain text.
nchym
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: globe

Re: Having same problem with right side convenience key

I also experiencing the same problem with my bb bold 9780 6.0.0.285.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TreashL
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Having same problem with right side convenience key

So am I with a Torch 9850, mine and the wife's, 7.1 + 7.0 respectively. Every once in a while it does the task, 1/100 times

Please use plain text.