Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
Sarah516
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Roxio Media manager for 8130 not connecting

what is RIM support?
New Contributor
Roxio_Support

Hi Sarah,

Hmmmm...you may need to contact Blackberry/RIM support then. 

I'd love to be able to help further, but my only other suggestion would be to try connecting through a differrent USB port on your computer...for example if you are using a desktop computer, use the USB port in the back and connect directly to it.

Also, if you have an older computer it's possible you have a USB 1.0 connection which can limit transfer and recharging support on some machines.

To be honest, I'm more or less guessing at this point if you're computer itself is having an issue seeing your BlackBerry and would recommend contacting RIM/BlackBerry support for more additional troubleshooting in that area.

Jon

Roxio Support 

New Contributor
Roxio_Support

Hi Sarah -

RIM = Research In Motion = makers of the Blackberry

here's their overall support site:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/

Here's their single incident based support:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/programs/technical.jsp#tab_ddetail_subtab_incident 

Take care,

Jon

Roxio Support 

New Contributor
Sarah516

Alright...so, I used a different USB port and that works for drag and drop...I still can't get Roxio to work, and I really wish I could!

Also, my phone is now turning off when I hook it up on the USB and it only stays connected to my phone for maybe a minute...

looks like I'll be contacting RIM tomorrow......

thanks for your help!

Contributor
ianhardacre

Jon

I have used the tab on Roxio Media Manager; the phone says it is connected, BB Manager says it is connected but the Roxio software simply doesn't see it.

All my ports are USB 2.0, I am on XP with all the latests patches installed automatically

This is not an isolated problem, I know quite a few guys who have this issue but RIM won't give any support (have actually refused in the UK to take my calls) neither will the phone company (not their problem). Roxio's AI support program doesn't recognise the BB versions of the software so Roxio's support is pretty thin on the ground too.

Please advise what screen shots you may want to help future customers and where do I send them? Thanks

Contributor
ianhardacre

Success  . . .

I memory wiped the new BB, re-copied my info from the old BB and then re-activated the BB Exchange Server connexion.

And I can now connect to Roxio Media Manager . . .

Suggest that after dumping the Sonix/Roxio earlier versions manually that a complete reset of the BB is advised

New Contributor
Roxio_Support

Hi Ian -

This is great news!

I was just researching your issue further (I even reinstalled Media Manager on my machine and had e-mails zipping around trying to get this resolved for you).

How did you discover the solution? 

For myself and the other users reading this thread, would you mind explaining how you wiped your BB? Did you use the desktop software to reinstall, reformat a media card...?

Thanks and take care,

Jon

Roxio Support

Contributor
ianhardacre

How to wipe an 8100

BB manager should have had a clean install with all earlier Roxio/SOnic code removed by using the Windows refenced above in this thread 

Optionally you will need to have asked for a new password to re-connect to your BB Enterprise Server and to have your old BB

1. Select Options on main menu

select Security Options

Select security options

Now scroll down until you are at the end of the menu - don't worry that the option doesn't mean much for this operation

Now press the scroll button

And you will be offered options that include wipe the BB

You will have to confirm

And will have to type in "blackberry"

Then the memory wipe happens - Note does NOT touch the media card

2. Answer yes to Bulk Mode on Media Card, yes to switching on wireless which re-connects to network

3. The BB should now be recognised by both BB Manager and Roxio Media Manager

4. (optionally) use BB manager to to copy settings etc from old BB to new BB

5. (optional) Use setup wizard to re-activate BB Enterprise service

ian

Teekyou

I also had the same problem with my 8120.  It was such a pain in the neck dealing with BB.

Anyway after the device wipe, the media manager is able to view things both in the device memory and the media card.

Thanks to ianhardacre for his/her advice.

JamesDoughty

Blackberry Pearl 8110 not connecting

Hi

I have been trying to connect my BB8110 using BB Desktop Manager 4.3.0.17 and am having the following problem - the device will not connect. I have unloaded the software twice and reinstalled but not luck - the device does connect as it starts charging.

I have read the posts on this thread but they do not seem to be working for me.

All I want to be able to do is synchronise with Outlook - I think I'll stay away from media manager until a stable working version is released.

Could someone please help.

Many thanks

James