Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
contsak
My Device: Pearl 9100
My Carrier: Telstra

SMS Wrong Time Stamp

RE: Pearl 9100

My device is showing an incorrect time for an incomming SMS. I received one on a Friday Afternoon & it shows up as coming in on Saturday morning (the following day). My time settings etc are all correct.

When the sms comes in it shows the correct time, only after closing the phone things go pear shaped.  Is there a resolutoi for this?

Also 2 other queries 1/ Can i have my sms mesages shown mormally instead of a chat format

2/ Can I delete Blackberry messenger (its shown in the core applications)

Kind regards

Con

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: SMS Wrong Time Stamp

for the timestamp that gets jumbled, Hello,

I think you can try two things : the soft reboot, and if it does not work, the hard reboot. Don't worry, you can't lose data with these two reboots.

Soft reboot :
1) Hit the three following keys at the same time :
- Alt
- Right Shift
- Delete
2) wait 2 minutes for the Blackberry to wake up.

Hard reboot :
1) your Blackberry device is on
2) remove the battery and wait for a minute
3) Put the battery back
4) wait 5 minutes for the device to wake up.

Please tell us if it works for you.

about the display of the SMS messages :

you cannot change the display of the SMS conversations.

you can open the Messages folder and browse the "SMS incoming" and "SMS outbox" by opening the menu and selecting "View Folder". You can even create a shortcut for each of those folders.

you can browse on AppWorld to find an SMS application that suits your desire in terms of display : http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/search/sms/category/51?lang=en

about BlackBerry Messenger, I advise you to keep it, because you will find its usefulness later. But if you really want to delete it, you have to go to the BlackBerry website, install it again, then it will transform from "code application" to "addons application" and you will be able to delete it as a regular application.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
contsak

Thanks for your reply. I've tried the reboot options,but no go.

When the SMS comes in it shows the correct time. When the phone is turned off then on, the SMS shows as coming in the following day. All my time settings are correct.

Interesting problem...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
webfuret
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Videotron

Hi Xandrex

I have a similar problem for a couple of months now. 

It seems to be only with my friend in Russia which has a +8 hours difference with me here in Montreal.

I have tried hard and soft reboot, played with SMS Data Encoding (7bits vs UCS2).  Problem still there.

Example of this morning's discussion list:

This how SMS discussion order should look like

SMS #1 - 11:50 Receive SMS from Russia: Timestamp: 01:57

SMS #2 - 12:03 Send SMS from my phone to my friend: Timestamp 12:03

SMS #3 - 12:14 Receive SMS from Russia: Timestamp: 02:14

When I go back to the discussion list this is how it look like:

SMS #1 

SMS #3

SMS #2

As a result that her SMSs are grouped together in the discussion list and mine somwhere in the bottom and it make is completely incomprehensible.

Any idea?

Christian

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

What is the timezone that you have configured on your BlackBerry device?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
contsak

Xantrex, any solution to my prob. SMS shows correct time when it comes in. When phone is closed then opened SMS time stamp is incorrect. Usually 20 odd hours in front. I sent a SMS to myself & it still happend
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
webfuret
My Carrier: Videotron

Hi Xandrex,

My current time zone parameter is set to Eastern Time (-5).  It looks alright

Here are my other parameters

Time Zone

Time Zone : Eastern Time (-5)

Auto update Time zone: Prompt

Date/Time

Set Time: Automatic

Time Format 24 hours

Network Time

Network Time 09:34  (Good, it's actual time)

Network Date march 3th, 2011 (Good, it's the current date)

Christian

Please use plain text.
geogre
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi, I have the same problem. This is not a critical issue but very annoying.

I have thousands of SMS in my BB but do not have this issue before.

Until yesterday everything is ok. But today my BB turned off suddently because of running out of battery. After recharging battery and my BB is on again, weird things happen: Last SMS I received yesterday is displayed as it comes from the future (tomorrow) and new SMSs are displayed next few hours time stamp. My SMS inbox now is in a mess.

I do hard reset, pull out battery, etc. but no cure.

Is this a new bug coming with new OS? (I'm using lastest OS for my Bold, i.e. Rel1682/App1036)

It seems that this bug happens when I have just deleted all SIM inbox SMS and new SMSs are written on SIM card. (Because I always turn on the option to save SMS into SIM card and I deleted all SIM inbox SMS yesterday). The outgoing SMSs are displayed in correct time stamp.

Anyone can confirm this?

(Sorry for my bad English).

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
coconut09

[ Edited ]

Thanks geogre!!! You mentioned a key word. SIM!!!

I couldn't figure out why my phone was having the Time Stamp problem one morning after i wake up. Turns out it was cos I changed setup to leave message on SIM (which I totally forgot about until I saw your post). After reverting setting back to original (i.e. "No") the time stamp problem went away.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kate_77
My Carrier: O2, UK

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. It is happening when I reboot or switch off and then on mobile the incoming messages have a wrong time stamp. Usually 2hours behind, e.g.. if somebody sent me message at 8.00am then after reboot or switch off the incoming message has time 10.00am. I have time zone correct etc. I have set the option leaving messages on SIM card as NO and still it doesn't help. It is really annoying. Any solutions or guess why this is happening and what to do?

Cheers,

Kate

Please use plain text.