Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
iaacog
My Device: Not Specified

SOS PLEASE HELP!

I hope it's ok to post this here.  I don't know what else to do.  I purchase a NEW blackberry 8100 from eBay.  When I receive my phone, I could instantly tell it was used.  The address book is full of numbers.  In has messages in it.  The CD that came with it is scratch up.  The connection on the phone that you plug the power souce into does not work.  I can not even charge the phone.  I have battling with him through Paypal and he is telling me that I am lying and the phone is new.  He will not give me my $200 back unless I pay to send the worthless phone back to him.  I don't feel that I should pay to send back an item which was advertised as "NEW" and is used and not working.  Does anyone know if there is a way to track the serial number so that I can prove that it was used and had a prior owner?

Thanks for any help you can give me.  I am upset by this and don't know where to turn at this point.  

Thanks

Cheryl 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
juwaack68
My Device: 9850 Torch
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: SOS PLEASE HELP!

Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  If there is data in the address book, then it is definately used - and it sounds like nothing you tell him will convince him that you are right.

You might be able to contact the carrier and give them the IMEI and they *might* tell you if it was activated on someone's account already (they won't give you any details, though).

Other than having data on it, is it in working condition?  Check the moisture indicator in the battery compartment - it's a small white square.  If it's a red color now, then the phone has most likely been wet.

Good luck.  If the phone works and you decide to keep it, we can help you wipe the data off of it so you can use it.

If you find a post here helpful, please consider giving the poster some Kudos
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SideKickM24

You can also report this person to Ebay, which I would recommend.  If he listed the item as new, and it most certainly is not new, then he can get into trouble for posting false items and you could help others know that he's not a very good seller.

just a thought

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iaacog

Thanks for your reply.  No, the phone turns on but it appears to have something wrong with the connection you plug the power source into and so I cannot charge the phone.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iaacog

Thanks for your reply 

I did report him to eBay too.  They are being no help either.  They suggested I report him to IC3.  It looks like my only recourse at this time is to pay shipping (which I don't feel I should do) and send it back.  If he is dishonest and sends me a used phone, how do I know he is actually going to refund my money once he has it?  I am scared to leave negative feedback for fear he will not give me my money back.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
renaeparsons

You can contact your carrier and give them the ESN or PIN Number from the phone. These ar locate under the battery or in your options under status. They can check the history of the phone. You can also file a dispute with eBay. I have done this before and it takes a while, but is worth it. Good luck!
Please use plain text.