If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Contributor
mike_coreit
My Device: 8120
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Sales Question

Hi I need to get a replacement phone as my Pearl 8120 is starting to fall apart (the roller wheel button has broke and it is only held by tape). It is over 5 years old after all!

I am trying to find an equivalent phone for my needs - I am very used to the way the keys are aligned on the Pearl phone and the instant access it gives for tasks and notes + multitype has become second nature to me.

It seems neither my provider nor RIM can source an 8120. A couple of years back I tried the curve and didn't like it due to the small keys. After that I tried an Android phone but I cannot deal with touchscreen.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Sales Question

If you're looking for a physical keyboard from BlackBerry, your only options at this point are the Bold or the Curve (legacy devices) or the Q10 or Q5 (BB10 devices). The Pearl is no longer available unless you can find one second-hand.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

The Z10 and Z30 devices are all touch but you can use the same "reduced" (suretype) keyboard that the Pearl uses if you so desire.

If touchscreen is out (I'd at least pick up and try a Z10 keyboard) then the Q10, Q5, or Bold/Curve devices are the only options.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mike_coreit

[ Edited ]

Hi I'm looking at the 9720. Can someone confirm whether it has the tasks and memopad apps that work in the same way as the Pearl?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Yes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mike_coreit

Hi I've gone out and got the 9720. Is there any way to hide the extended search area when the MemoPad/Tasks search option is used?

Please use plain text.