Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
braulio
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Smart dialing option missing

I have the next problem: when I dial any number from my contacts it is dialed with the country and region code and the call can not be performed. I tried to change this situation looking for the smart dialing option but I couldn´t find it.

How I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Smart dialing option missing

Its there, keep looking!

Press the GREEN phone dial key to get to your Call Log. Then the Menu key > Options > Smart Dialing.

Voila!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
braulio
My Device: Not Specified

You were very kind and helpfull.

Thanks.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You are very welcome.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
samyaskenazi
My Device: 8350i Nextel de Mexico

Falla Marcado Inteligente,
Tengo un problema,
Equipo Blackberry 8350i

V 5.0.0.577 Plataforma 3.2.0.24 version de Marcado 1.0.60.651w
Carrier Nextel de Mexico

1.- la opción de marcado inteligente no esta disponible en Mexico aparece este mensaje:

El Marcao Inteligente  no esta disponible para este país, los números de contactos se marcaran sin modificación.

Vivo en Cancun (lada área code 998) y trabajo en playa del Carmen, (lada área code 984) tengo 4,000 contactos en mi libreta.
Nextel se convierte en un numero Local cuando sales de tu ciudad, esto quiere decir que si estoy en Playa tengo que anteponer el 01 a los teléfonos de Cancun pero cuando llego a Cancun tengo que re-editar la libreta por que si aparece el 01 me dice error de marcado.
Lo mismo pasa con los celulares siendo local hay que anteponer el 044 pero si quiero marcar al mismo contacto llegando a otra ciudad (que esta a 40 minutos de distancia pero con otra lada (Área code) y a la que voy todos los dias a trabajar, tengo que editar el contacto y cambiar por el 045 que es para celulares fuera de tu ciudad o 01 que es para teléfonos fijos.
Ya intente configurar el marcado Inteligente sin ningún éxito NO FUNCIONA mas que para cuando cambia el código de País y no de ciudad mi pregunta es si existe gadget o programa que anteponga prefijos a los numero que va uno a marcar desde la libreta y que se pueda editar el prefijo, cada vez que cambio de ciudad en vez de editar los contactos cada vez, esto me ayudaría mucho si alguien sabe de como hacerlo seria maravilloso

Smart Dial Error
I have a problem,
BlackBerry 8350i
V 5.0.0.577 Platform 3.2.0.24 branded version 1.0.60.651w
Carrier Nextel Mexico

1 .- smart dialing option is not available in Mexico this message:

The Intelligent Marcao not available for this country, the numbers of contacts will be marked without modification.

I live in Cancun (area code 998 area code) and work in Playa del Carmen, (area code 984 area code) 4.000 contacts I have in my notebook.
Nextel becomes a local number when you leave your city, this means that if I'm in Playa I have to prioritize the 01 to the telephone when I arrive in Cancun Cancun but I have to re-edit the book that if you see me on 01 said marking error.
The same goes for cell phones must be local prefix the 044 but if I want to make the same contact coming to another city (which is 40 minutes away but with a different area code (area code) and I go every day to work, I have to edit the contact and exchange for the mobile 045 is outside of your city or 01 which is for fixed phones.
You try to configure the smart dialing without any success that does not work anymore when you change the country code and city my question is whether there gadget or program that places prefixes to the number that is one to dial from the pad and can be edit the code every time I change city rather than edit the contacts each time, this would help me greatly if anyone knows how to do it would be wonderful