Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

karrl
My Device: 8100 Pearl
Accepted Solution

Speaker Phone is always on when answereing telphone calls since upgrading to 4.5.0.55

Hi

I have recently upgraded a number of our company blackberry 8100 phones to the latest OS 4.5.0.55 Platform 2.7.0.68)

When a call is received and I answer using the green button the phone always switches to speakerphone mode. I have to move phone away from ear and press the OP key to disable the speakerphone for the call.

This causes confusion with the caller as they are not sure what is happening during the couple of seconds of quite whilst I switch the speak phone mode off.

I have upgraded a number of the phones and the others all appear to answer calls in non speaker phone mode as expected.

I have looked through the menu options in an attempt to find a setting.

Thanks in advance for any help...  If no solution is found I may have to reflash old firmware and then reflash new firmware again.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elderwood235
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Speaker Phone is always on when answereing telphone calls since upgrading to 4.5.0.55

With the phone ON, remove the battery and then put it back.....that did the trick on mine when it had the same problem
Please use plain text.