Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

TataSusie
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Spinning Hourglass

I was in a location with poor service coverage yesterday. Since I've been back home and out of that area, I can't get the phone to work like it used to again...no matter how many times I take out the battery.  I even left it out all night last night.

Everytime I try to do something, it is delayed by the hourglass spinning. Everytime I touch the trackball, it starts spinning. It takes forever to open and work with an app.  If my computer was doing this, I'd reboot it.

What can I do to get the phone all better again, besides take out the battery?  I've already cleaned out the cache and used the Memory Cleaner too.

I don't know what else to try....

Help!!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
BBerryDragon

Re: Spinning Hourglass

[ Edited ]

Depending on the carrier, pull the battery and while the battery is out take the SIM card out.  Then put the SIM card and battery back in and see if there is any change.  If there is no change then likely a reload of the device software would be the next step or it might be advisable to check with the carrier and see if a manual activation on the network is required.  Let us know how it goes.

Message Edited by BBerryDragon on 05-18-2009 03:42 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DIVAT81
My Device: 8100

Mines does the same thing alot.
Addicted to my Blackberry!!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
tamrock777
My Device: BB 8530/ 5.0.0.734 OS
My Carrier: Verizon

That is actually a memory issue. Please go to options > status and reply back with your file free #.
~Tami~
Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.
-- Albert Einstein
Please use plain text.
TataSusie

I don't have a SIM card...and I was getting ready to head to the store for a new phone....

So I tried one last thing and started deleting apps and that made it better.

So for right now I'm agreeing about it being a memory issue....

The big test will be the next time I go to the Dead Zone town....there were no bunches of little Verizon people behind me that day.  :smileywink:

Thanks for the help!!

Please use plain text.