Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
lingga_susanto
My Device: Pearl 9105
Accepted Solution

Storage Device and Media Card things

Hi there.

The bottomline of the problem I faced is my computer only detecting media card but not the Storage Device when I plugged in the device to the CPU using the USB cable. What am I supposed to do?? My media card was busted, and I have some files in Device's storage which I want to move it to the computer.

New Contributor
lingga_susanto

Re: Storage Device and Media Card things

FYI, I'm not using device manager or else. Just plugged in the device with USB.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I don't believe the 9105 has internal media memory. That means anything saved would be saved in the "Content Store" database. You would need to make a backup of the device and restore that database to another BB device in order to get that data.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
lingga_susanto

Well,I guess that is the only possible explanation why I never able accessing any files in device's storage using cpu in the first place. Thanks for the explanation though.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Thinking back, I think if you install Desktop Manager it may actually let you sync those files separately from the backup file. Its been a long time since I stored anything on the device memory.

Install Desktop Manager from www.BlackBerry.com/desktop and try to do a media sync from the device to your computer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
lingga_susanto

Thank you so much for the tips.I'll try it.