Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

My Device: Not Specified

Stuck typing letters

My Pearl will not switch into Number lock mode--I can only type letters. Even in fields that should be numbers (e.g. phone numbers!!) I have tried using shift -alt to change modes, and holding the alt key while I type. No luck. Can't access voice mail, can't type a phone number that's not in the system already.....a real pain! Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Stuck typing letters

I have the same problem.  So far, doing a battery pull has resolved it.  But it keeps coming up.

Judging by the number of views of this note so far (1, 111 !!!!!!) there are plenty of people with this problem.  I have been all over trying to find a solution and there's nothing.  Some people report that the battery pull eventually does not resolve the issue.

BLACKBERRY!  I hope someone from tech support is reading this.  Tech support should be ASHAMED.  You can't just let unresolved bugs hang out there.  I should PAY for tech support to resolve YOUR bug???? 

Why isn't there is software patch that we can download that FIXES the PROBLEM?