Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
masplin
My Device: curve 8310
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Sync Windows Live Calendar

Hi chreeg

I just wondered if your method is a once only fix i.e. once done the windows live calender and outlook stay synced or you have to do this each time you want to update your calcnder on Blackberry?

Thanks

Mike

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GARRETTCLU
My Device: STORM 2 9550
My Carrier: BELL MOBILITY

thanks for the KB - I got my new Blackberry Storm 2 on the 15th of April and have spent literally hours

trying to find this info - I switched from a Palm Treo + Palm desktop because I was told it was an easy switch and I would have a lot of benefits - but without a native calendar and contact manager, I'm wondering if I just made a really bad mistake

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Rolandh
My Device: BlackBerry Pearl 8110
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

If anyone is interested in syncing there Windows Live Accounts OTA with there Blackberry's I might be able to help you out, if you use Microsoft Office Outlook and don't  mind having to use Google for your Calendar and Contacts I run my own  Google Apps Domain if you are interested in becoming a member of the domain just PM me a contact email address and your desired user name I'll set you up with an account and email you your login details and the required desktop Apps, I've only got 48 Accounts left on the Standard Edition of Google Apps so hurry if you want in.

Roland

Please use plain text.
gcmck
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

chreeg's method works great if you have outlook.  But if you do not have outlook, an alternative is to use google calendar as a similar "middle man" (you don't actually have to use google calendar as this is just used as link between your blackberry and windows live calendars).  You would need to use google sync to synchronize (instead of desktop manager) and therefore no usb cable required.  I managed to do this on my curve 8900.  Set up at first is convoluted but you only need to do this once and then it all works great.  Please let me know if anyone has a better suggestion than this for people who don't own outlook!

[Step 1 - get URL for your windows live calendar]:

- In Windows Live Calendar (web) click on the "Share" link next to the printer icon above your calendar and then select your calendar name

- When brought to the next page click on "Share this calendar"

- Then select the "Share friends a view-only link to your calendar"

- Click "Save" at the bottom of the page

- After this is saved click on the link "Import into another calendar application" next to ICS

- This will give you a popup; copy the url in the popup

[Step 2 - Bring your windows live calendar into your google calendar]:

-sign up for google calendar (you can use your existing email and no need to create a gmail account)

-In google calendar, click on Add (bottom left of the screen) and select "Add by URL"

- Paste the URL and click Add Calendar

[Step 3 - Bring your google calendar (which is essentially your blackberry calendar because this is the one your blackberry calendar will sync with) into your windows live calendar]:

-in google calendar, go to settings --> calendar settings (top right corner)

-click on "calendars" (top left, beside "General")

-click on "share this calendar" on the line where your google calendar is listed

-click on "calendar details"

-scroll down to the bottom section called Private Address and click on the green "ICAL" button

-copy the ics URL

-go to your windows live calendar (web)

-click on "subscribe"

-choose "subscribe to a public calendar" and paste the calendar URL. 

-click on subscribe to calendar

[Step 4 - sync everything]:

-on your blackberry device, download google sync from http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/

-go through the set up and select "sync calendar" in the options.

-go to your blackberry calendar and click on the menu key.  you should now have "Google sync" as an option.  click on this whenever you need to sync your calendars.

Please use plain text.
stiffler
My Device: Bold 9380
My Carrier: 9055121899

Most articles here are a bit old now.  I have never had a problem sync'ing my Windows Live email/calendar/contacts with my Outlook 2007 using Outlook Connector.  BUT...I do have the problem with sync'ing to my blackberry 9380 now.  It used to be easy using the Outlook .pst file but the Live Mail does not have a file (that I see) for the Desktop software to map with.  So...I have email coming to my phone no problem.  I have just figured out the contacts sync'ing wirelessly but still having trouble with the calendar.  I tried the way "chreeg" suggested back in 2009 but it did not seem to work.  Any suggestions?  The calendar in Outlook is clearly sync"ed with Windows Live online.  I'll take any method now (from online or from Outlook) to get it sync'ed to the phone.

Please use plain text.
stiffler
My Device: Bold 9380
My Carrier: 9055121899

I should add I did not have this problem with my BB Pearl.  Despite no mapping, the Outlook & Desktop Manager were communicating for the sync.

Please use plain text.