Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
annenotannie
My Device: Not Specified

TMobile BB Pearl - isn't my SIM card supposed to be a media card too?

Hi, I've got my Pearl in January-ish, and just now am trying to sync my iTunes and iPhoto with the Pearl. However I've learned my phone and my PocketMac for BB both say there's "no media card present."  I'm confused (and probably a moron), as I thought my T-Mobile SIM card was also supposed to be a media card.  Do I need to buy a separate media card for the phone?  Earlier I wrote in with a problem I was having syncing my phone, as the phone and PocketMac would say there wasn't a media card.  Another user suggested making sure the phone's password was accurately entered in the Connections tab on PocketMac. I kept having to re-enter the password every time I wanted to sync my phone, so eventually I just eliminated the password from my phone.  So I can sync the phone now, but can't push iTunes or iPhoto files 'cuz the phone says I don't have a media card. Please help me understand this!

Gracias,

Anne

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,892
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: TMobile BB Pearl - isn't my SIM card supposed to be a media card too?

Nope, sorry. The SIM card is not a Media Card.

For a Media Card, your need a Micro SD or Micro SDHC card.

On Amazon for about $25/4gb card.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
annenotannie

Ah okay, thanks.  Appreciate the quick response!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
annenotannie

One more question ... how can I tell whether my phone accepts the HC cards, or only the regular SD cards?  I checked the specifications tab on my BB Pearl 8100, and it doesn't get very specific.  I read that HC cards aren't compatible with all phones, and don't want to waste my money!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bouncyt

The Kingston website (www.kingston.com) lists a 2GB microSD card and 4GB and 8GB microSDHC cards, they also list which software is needed for which card capacity.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,892
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

annenotannie wrote:
One more question ... how can I tell whether my phone accepts the HC cards, or only the regular SD cards?  I checked the specifications tab on my BB Pearl 8100, and it doesn't get very specific.  I read that HC cards aren't compatible with all phones, and don't want to waste my money!

Read this...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05461&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
annenotannie

Thanks!  My BB software is version 4.2.1.107, and the link you provided shows my phone can accept up to 4GB.  The 4GB's I've seen online seem to all be HC cards, so I'm guessing that means I can get a micro SDHC card.  Thanks! 
Please use plain text.