Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
pumpkin_nott
My Device: Not Specified

Transfer photos from phone to PC

Hi

I have some important photos in my Blackberry Pearl 8100 and I have no idea how to transfer them to my PC.  I am not connected to the internet so cannot send them to my email.  Do I need some sort of cable and software to do the transfer? Please assist. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Transfer photos from phone to PC

You USB cable and BlackBerry desktop Manager to transfer your pictures in your PC. Use the USB cable that comes with BlackBerry device. You can collect Desktop Manager by clicking on the link.

Do you have Media card in your device? If yes then move all the pics to your media card and connect USB cable to your PC and copy them to your PC. You need to turn on Mass Storage Mode on from Options -> Memory -> Mass Storage Mode Support: On

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pumpkin_nott
My Device: Not Specified

Thank tanzim for your kind response. I have media card on my device.  But I went to the link you suggested but I do not know which of the Desktop Manager softwares I need to download.  Please assist further.  Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Download Desktop Manager 4.7. This one is the latest by RIM.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
patkunasingam
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: rogers

how can i down load my pictures from my BB phone???
Please use plain text.
deverts
My Device: Pearl 8110
My Carrier: AT&T

There should have been a USB cable in the box, and you can transfer directly by grab & drop (using Windows Explorer Libraries/Documents/Pictures windows. If you didn't get a cable and don't want to buy one (you can also charge your phone while you're using your computer using this cable), you can plug the miniSD into the card slot in your laptop (there are larger cases that the miniSD fits into, as well; check with your local computer/office supply store if one didn't come with your miniSD). If I can do it, "it ain't that hard." Borrow a teenager -- they know everything! If you don't already have an SD card in your 8100, buy one and transfer the pics from the phone mem to the card. BBs are difficult to get to know but once you learn them they're great. Unless they're stolen, then nobody cares, neither Rim BB, AT&T, the police or the insurance companies. None of them seem to want to catch the burglars or get the phone back, at least in Hawaii.
Please use plain text.
jmei2000
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

I installed the Desktop Manager. However, when I click on the software short-cut. It doesn't do anything.  Any advise? Thanks!

Please use plain text.
darcyhebe
My Device: BlackBerry
My Carrier: ATT

[ Edited ]

pumpkin_nott wrote:

Hi

I have some important photos in my Blackberry Pearl 8100 and I have no idea how to transfer them to my PC.  I am not connected to the internet so cannot send them to my email.  Do I need some sort of cable and good transfer software to do the transfer? Please assist. Thanks.

There is an app on the market called Photo Transfer - you can transfer photos from one device to computer - that might be something to consider...

Please use plain text.
Cracaca
My Device: non-BlackBerry user
My Carrier: Samsung

[ Edited ]

Well, you may need a perfessional tool to help you.

Copy Photos from Cell Phones to Computer/PC

Please use plain text.