Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

My Device: Pearl 9100
My Carrier: Telcel

Unlock the device by key-combination instead of using the mute-key

[ Edited ]
Hi. My mobile phone is a Blackberry Pearl 3G 9100. It have the OS 6.0 bundle 2390 (v6.0.0.534, platform and my "problem" is the lack of options in the lock/unlock-device function. First of all, I had previously own the 8120 and Flip 8230 (so it's my 3rd Pearl device) and I didn't understand why the functionality has to change... for the worst. The Pearl are perfect to fit the pocket and the previous lock modes where practical: in the 8120 (which is physically identical) you unlock via "Sym and Call", so the risk of accidental unlock was practically null; and in the Flip wasn't really necessary since the telephone and navigation buttons aren't accessible from the outside. And i want to unlock the device only with key combinations, no with the mute button. I know the closest thing is to put-in into a magnetic holster or to assign a password (which I already have to do since the device unlock itself and I've found many random calls). Quite frankly, all this seems to me as an unnecessary complication. I just want lock without password, I want to unlock with a two keys combinations. SALUDOS/REGARDS. ---Moisés Padilla.