Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Voice Notes

Hey everyone, First off I must say THANK YOU!!! I have been on and off this forum too many times to count and until now you have answered all my questions.

I have a 8130 Pearl. It has the Voice Note function. (it works really well, great quality recording!)

My only issue is the length I am able to record. I attend many business conferences and sometimes I like to record the meeting. This works great when the meeting is less than an hour long. I have a 1 gig memory card and its got plenty of space on it so I know its not filling up. For some reason the device gets to around 54min record time and then it stops recording. One time it stopped recording, but looked like it was still recording so I hit stop; which didn't do anything so I backed out and when I did this I lost the entire recording.

Is there a limit to the record time? Shouldn't this be dependent on the space available on your memory card?

I hope this makes sense! Please let me know if you need more info.

Developer
My Device: 9000

Re: Voice Notes

Qdawg wrote:

Hey everyone, First off I must say THANK YOU!!! I have been on and off this forum too many times to count and until now you have answered all my questions.

I have a 8130 Pearl. It has the Voice Note function. (it works really well, great quality recording!)

My only issue is the length I am able to record. I attend many business conferences and sometimes I like to record the meeting. This works great when the meeting is less than an hour long. I have a 1 gig memory card and its got plenty of space on it so I know its not filling up. For some reason the device gets to around 54min record time and then it stops recording. One time it stopped recording, but looked like it was still recording so I hit stop; which didn't do anything so I backed out and when I did this I lost the entire recording.

Is there a limit to the record time? Shouldn't this be dependent on the space available on your memory card?

I hope this makes sense! Please let me know if you need more info.

Hi...

I don't have an answer for this and do not personally try to record meetings of length like your attempting to do.

I am sure there are some folks out there that are doing this but I think your pushing a possible limit on the capability of the voice notes and memory on the device even though the file is being saved to the MicroSD. The phone will need resources to record just like when you take video as it will use phone memory to control the application and monitor the application while it is in use. Let us know if you can determine if there is something else involved with this issue and if you find a solution.

H.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Well I was going to try this out on my curve to see if I could help you. But apparently I don't have this function. It seems I can only record a voice note and that is only a minute long. Is this something you downloaded or did it come with the phone, if it did, where can I find it to try it out?
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Sorry for the delayed response!!!

It has been a busy week.

I have a 8130 Pearl and this feature came with the device. The only thing I have added is the 1 gig memory card.

I found some info on the RIM website in the features section saying that this feature should only record 1 minute so I am not sure if this information is out of date??? I have done some research on other forums and have found that others do have the ability to record for more than 1 minute. I also have a friend that has the Curve and he has recored 15min voice notes so you should be able to do so if you have a memory card.

let me know if you find anything else out!

Thanks for your efforts!!!

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

It seems that for recording a lecture you would need more than voice notes.

See if this would be suitable:

https://developer.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=1216&catalog=0&sectionId=0&productTy...

Thanks,

If you need more information, please ask!

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star.

Just check the post that had your answer!

Thanks 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter