Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
Ciaramcaoc
My Device: Pearl 1800

Voicemail answers too soon

Does anyone know how to change my voicemail settings so that my phone will ring for longer than 2 rings before going into voicemail. I've checked all my voicemail settings and it's not an option. Looked to change call answering settings too and didn't see an option to change the length of time the phone can ring.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Voicemail answers too soon

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

The length of ring time before rolling to VM is not a device-configurable item. Rather, it is controlled by the carrier. I have see (but, sorry, have no links) dialing strings that can be used on some carriers, but the simplest method would likely be to contact your carrier and ask them to increase the time setting on their end.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ciaramcaoc
My Device: Pearl 1800

Re: Voicemail answers too soon

Thanks for the help! Will contact them tomorrow and hope for the best!

Please use plain text.